Trump's Taxes

serious question...why does it matter? if it shows that he is worth less than he claims, or if it shows that he paid less in taxes than he should have, or if it shows that he uses the tax dodges that all (ok most) extremely wealthy use...what will it really change or have any effect on?

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

serious question...why does it matter? if it shows that he is worth less than he claims, or if it shows that he paid less in taxes than he should have, or if it shows that he uses the tax dodges that all (ok most) extremely wealthy use...what will it really change or have any effect on?

Namely, any potential violations of the Emoluments Clause.

8 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

thanks schriznoeder, and I believe that someone has mentioned that before...but aren't presidents exempt from filing while in office? (read/heard that somewhere) so then we are talking about 2016 or prior years...which would not fall under the clause?

Presidents are required to file taxes while in office. So all of his returns would be in play.

I guess I don't get the fixation of trying to obtain documented proof that he's a scumbag. Anybody that doesn't already realize this is an idiot. So it's pretty much as Landlord already said, what does it matter. Just the Dems version of lock her up and "but the emails". We're f'd no matter who it is or which party is doing the hand wringing.

32 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I guess I don't get the fixation of trying to obtain documented proof that he's a scumbag. Anybody that doesn't already realize this is an idiot. So it's pretty much as Landlord already said, what does it matter. Just the Dems version of lock her up and "but the emails". We're f'd no matter who it is or which party is doing the hand wringing.

No kidding.