The Better America of our Dreams

50 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Absolutely 99.9%!   It’s the best way to help bring wealth inequality closer vs just giving a few bucks away at the expense of the middle class taxpayer.   

Don't want to alarm anyone, but this is the core of Marxism. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4
14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Don't want to alarm anyone, but this is the core of Marxism. 

Do you mind me asking how so, or what makes you come to that conclusion?   I’m not seeing but willing to listen. 

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Do you mind me asking how so, or what makes you come to that conclusion?   I’m not seeing but willing to listen. 

Workers control the means of production. Wealth inequality is something to be corrected. The value of a commodity is measured by the worker's skill, yada yada yada.

I'm sure this isn't what you or Carol had in mind, or Karl for that matter, but it's not that big of a leap from that post. 

Also, it's laughable to think DEI investment is taking anything away from corporate bottom lines. Carol is so keen to badmouth DEI and ESG, she unwittingly crawls in bed with Karl Marx. Best of all, she's right. Shared ownership is a smart corporate move that's been available to them forever and avoided for the selfish reasons that create class conflict.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2

26 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Shared ownership is a smart corporate move that's been available to them forever and avoided for the selfish reasons that create class conflict.

I’ve been a proponent for a very long time that RSO’s RSU’s, etc should be more broadly used and whatever the C Suite level folks qualify for, every other employee should qualify for on an equivalent basis.  

It isn’t the salaries that have driving the income gap, it’s the stock awards that only a few are privy too.   If what I’m saying is considered Marxism, then I’m part Marxist I guess.  

And I believe much of the DEI spending is wasted.  Some of it is spent very well though and I learn from it.  

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’ve been a proponent for a very long time that RSO’s RSU’s, etc should be more broadly used and whatever the C Suite level folks qualify for, every other employee should qualify for on an equivalent basis.  

It isn’t the salaries that have driving the income gap, it’s the stock awards that only a few are privy too.   If what I’m saying is considered Marxism, then I’m part Marxist I guess.  

And I believe much of the DEI spending is wasted.  Some of it is spent very well though and I learn from it.  

I can tell you from direct experience that much of the DEI spending goes to hiring a consultant for a one day seminar, having someone write up a boilerplate DEI statement for their digital media, cleaning up the optics wherever possible, and legitimately encouraging human resources to bring in and/or promote people of color. All told, it's not much money. The bigger companies may hire a full-time DEI officer. It will be interesting to check back on this in a few years. 

In other words, there's plenty of box checking and posturing and even some silliness, but at the end of the day it moves the needle a bit, and the diversity will likely have a positive return for the business.  

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

As long as the stock comes with voting rights (I believe those are Class A stocks), then I agree as well.

• Plus1 1
On 4/4/2024 at 12:51 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Workers control the means of production. Wealth inequality is something to be corrected. The value of a commodity is measured by the worker's skill, yada yada yada.

I'm sure this isn't what you or Carol had in mind, or Karl for that matter, but it's not that big of a leap from that post. 

Also, it's laughable to think DEI investment is taking anything away from corporate bottom lines. Carol is so keen to badmouth DEI and ESG, she unwittingly crawls in bed with Karl Marx. Best of all, she's right. Shared ownership is a smart corporate move that's been available to them forever and avoided for the selfish reasons that create class conflict.

I'm always tickled when ardent right wing supporters unknowingly embrace left wing ideas. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I'm always tickled when ardent right wing supporters unknowingly embrace left wing ideas. 

I’m always tickled when people think getting ALL employees access to RSU’s is a left wing or right wing idea :laughpound

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1