Huskers in 2019....

Mavric

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Such as? 

Blocking for himself in the pocket..

He does have progress to make but that is what's so good for us. After an incredible season, he's not near his ceiling. I'm not sure it's anything mechanically glaring but more of a continuous growth in making appropriate reads and mastering what hopefully is an expanding arsenal of plays.

2 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

He could take care of the ball better for one

2 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Blocking for himself in the pocket..

He does have progress to make but that is what's so good for us. After an incredible season, he's not near his ceiling. I'm not sure it's anything mechanically glaring but more of a continuous growth in making appropriate reads and mastering what hopefully is an expanding arsenal of plays.

I'm not challenging his opinion so much as I'm interested in what he's seeing that AMart can improve on. 

IMO, he needs work on reading defenses better. That INT yesterday was a back breaker because he didn't see the CB follow Morgan up the sideline; he anticipated the CB passing Morgan off to the Safety, similar to what they did on Washington's TD. He does, too, need to keep better care of the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'm not challenging his opinion so much as I'm interested in what he's seeing that AMart can improve on. 

IMO, he needs work on reading defenses better. That INT yesterday was a back breaker because he didn't see the CB follow Morgan up the sideline; he anticipated the CB passing Morgan off to the Safety, similar to what they did on Washington's TD. He does, too, need to keep better care of the ball. 

Absolutely. This has been an underlying concern most of the year. I don't remember the exact play bit the camera caught him putting both arms around the ball as he was getting brought down during a run. Was definitely more exciting to see than the actual yardage he got on the play.

I’m guessing 6-6, or 7-5. 

Offense needs to replace a 1000 yard rusher and receiver and will have new starters on the OL. 

Defense is a big question mark. It wouldn’t shock me if they improved drastically or if they continued to get gashed every game. 

Special teams seemed to make some strides with new personnel and the emergence of Pickering. Still little to no return game. 

Hopefully things get shored up. But then again, we’ve been saying that every off season for the last 17 years. Forgive me if I’m not entirely sold at this point. Lots of nice words in press conferences and post game interviews. Hopefully that translates to some meaningful wins. 

13 minutes ago, Fru said:

I’m guessing 6-6, or 7-5. 

Offense needs to replace a 1000 yard rusher and receiver and will have new starters on the OL. 

Defense is a big question mark. It wouldn’t shock me if they improved drastically or if they continued to get gashed every game. 

Special teams seemed to make some strides with new personnel and the emergence of Pickering. Still little to no return game. 

Hopefully things get shored up. But then again, we’ve been saying that every off season for the last 17 years. Forgive me if I’m not entirely sold at this point. Lots of nice words in press conferences and post game interviews. Hopefully that translates to some meaningful wins. 

The loss of Morgan and Ozigbo are enormous, but I have faith in the offensive staff. As you said, defense next year is unknown. At a minimum, we improve by 4 games just because of a much weaker schedule, and no lightening for game 1. I am hoping we can blow out some early opponents and get Mcaffrey some reps in case we need him.

4 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

If there is not 9 wins next year, even with the loss SM and Ozigbo. There might be issues deeper then we know. Schedule is ridiculously easy.  There is not a single game that’s not winnable. 

I feel like you're setting yourself up for disappointment with making 9 your floor. This team is certainly headed in the right direction. I do like that we have all of our tough ones at home but Memorial stadium hasn't exactly been tough to pull a win out of lately. Even teams like Maryland on the road will be tough. Colorado's new coach will have that Nebraska game marked down as a game to mark his season as a success. We just got done with back to back 4-8 seasons. I can see 9 but it's going to take a large amount of work to get there. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm honestly pretty stunned at the level of pessimism after the way we finished this year.  Look at how enthusiastic a lot of folks were after Riley's year 1 disaster.  Are people seriously less optimistic about the direction of this team than they were after 2015?

I think it's the exact opposite. You're seeing a vocal minority posting contrarian viewpoints to go against the overwhelming flow of optimism.

• Plus1 1