Huskers in 2019....

Mavric

15. NEBRASKA ($471.6 MILLION)

8625024.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs

You can bet this number will rise substantially over the next five years and change thanks to Scott Frost and the optimism he has injected into Huskers Football. Months before his debut, his presence alone following years of mediocrity under Mike Riley summoned a record crowd to Nebraska's spring game, the first obvious sign one of the nation's most loyal fanbases was energized for the new era. Despite a winless start after six weeks, Nebraska's 4-2 mark over the second half of the season summoned momentum heading into the 2019 offseason. Now, Nebraska is a preseason Top 25 team (in some polls) and is the preseason Big Ten West favorite.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

This is what gives me tight pants. There are only two things that worry me on offense: the uncertainty at RB right now and who will step up to the plate and replace Stanley. Even so, we still have two electric play makers returning on offense, and some exciting freshmen coming on board.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

This is what gives me tight pants. There are only two things that worry me on offense: the uncertainty at RB right now and who will step up to the plate and replace Stanley.

Those two things shouldn't really worry you that much. Martinez getting injured is the real concern. 

36 minutes ago, Undone said:

Those two things shouldn't really worry you that much. Martinez getting injured is the real concern. 

I'm confident in what we have behind him. There will be a drop off, but I think we've got the right guys backing him up.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, ZRod said:

This is what gives me tight pants. There are only two things that worry me on offense: the uncertainty at RB right now and who will step up to the plate and replace Stanley. Even so, we still have two electric play makers returning on offense, and some exciting freshmen coming on board.

Based on early reports out of camp I'm thinking Wandale is going to make up a huge portion of Morgan's production. 

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Based on early reports out of camp I'm thinking Wandale is going to make up a huge portion of Morgan's production. 

In a way I hope not. He will produce, I have no doubts there. Nothing suggests at this time that he isn’t what we think he is, and I’m super excited for him to show that. But if he’s producing a ton, it’s because he had to get a lot of touches. If things go right then we should have enough others being productive at both receiver and running back that doesn’t have to happen.

In particular if he’s getting a lot of touches at RB that isn’t a great sign. Him and Jones at RB is the plan B option in regards to depth. Ideally we got at least 2-3 guys at RB and then those two are getting a handful a game as part of their normal duties.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, brophog said:

In a way I hope not. He will produce, I have no doubts there. Nothing suggests at this time that he isn’t what we think he is, and I’m super excited for him to show that. But if he’s producing a ton, it’s because he had to get a lot of touches. If things go right then we should have enough others being productive at both receiver and running back that doesn’t have to happen.

In particular if he’s getting a lot of touches at RB that isn’t a great sign. Him and Jones at RB is the plan B option in regards to depth. Ideally we got at least 2-3 guys at RB and then those two are getting a handful a game as part of their normal duties.

I think he can probably have Morgan's production with less touches.  He has a better ability to make people miss and is faster than Morgan.  I just hope he can catch when it matters. 

47 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think he can probably have Morgan's production with less touches.  He has a better ability to make people miss and is faster than Morgan.  I just hope he can catch when it matters. 

Morgan averaged 14.3 yards per catch last year....about three yards more than Rondale Moore. Otis Anderson (2017) was very similar to Moore, though with far, far fewer receptions. Expect Robinson to have more than Anderson’s 30, but far fewer than Moore’s 114.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, brophog said:

Morgan averaged 14.3 yards per catch last year....about three yards more than Rondale Moore. Otis Anderson (2017) was very similar to Moore, though with far, far fewer receptions. Expect Robinson to have more than Anderson’s 30, but far fewer than Moore’s 114.

Moore also had 12 TD to Stanley's 7.  He also wasn't getting the ball as far down field and did pretty good job earning those 11 yards per catch.  Not taking away from Stanley was good.  I'm more hoping the new guy will be better 

44 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Moore also had 12 TD to Stanley's 7.  He also wasn't getting the ball as far down field and did pretty good job earning those 11 yards per catch.  Not taking away from Stanley was good.  I'm more hoping the new guy will be better 

But the new guy isn't really playing the same position though. I'm sure Wandale will know the other reciever spots but he will be playing in the slot as Duck R more often than not.