On 4/24/2024 at 6:32 AM, teachercd said:

Pro-Hamas Supporters?  

Think this tweet is not accurate. 

There are videos of protestors at either Columbia or NYU chanting 'We are Hamas'. Who knows if they were even students. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3

Well UT leaders have some kahunas. Put up signs, scream, chat... all good. Throw stuff, burn stuff, destroy property, block others from getting where they should be able to go...not peaceful. Who are these other folks joining in?

"The protesters tried to deliver on their stated intent to occupy campus," President Hartzell continued. "People not affiliated with UT joined them, and many ignored University officials’ continual pleas for restraint and to immediately disperse. The University did as we said we would do in the face of prohibited actions. We were prepared, with the necessary support to maintain campus operations and ensure the safety, well-being and learning environment for our more than 50,000 students."

• Plus1 2
13 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe not violent. But they support violence. 

I would love to know who is behind this. It’s been pointed out on line that they all have new tents, the same kind, same color….etc. 

Theres more to this than what we know. 

Maybe it’s been mentioned here before and I just missed it, but I’ve seen this mentioned a few times on Reddit.

Seems middle eastern countries have a penchant for “donating” billions to US universities. 

https://www.thefp.com/p/campus-rage-middle-eastern-roots-qatar

• From 2015–2020, institutions that accepted money from Middle Eastern donors had, on average, 300 percent more antisemitic incidents than those institutions that did not. 

• From 2015–2020, institutions that accepted undisclosed funds from authoritarian donors had, on average, 250 percent more antisemitic incidents than those institutions that did not.

• At least 200 American colleges and universities illegally withheld information on approximately $13 billion in undocumented contributions from foreign regimes, many of which are authoritarian. 

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 2

12 minutes ago, Fru said:

Maybe it’s been mentioned here before and I just missed it, but I’ve seen this mentioned a few times on Reddit.

Seems middle eastern countries have a penchant for “donating” billions to US universities. 

https://www.thefp.com/p/campus-rage-middle-eastern-roots-qatar

• From 2015–2020, institutions that accepted money from Middle Eastern donors had, on average, 300 percent more antisemitic incidents than those institutions that did not. 

• From 2015–2020, institutions that accepted undisclosed funds from authoritarian donors had, on average, 250 percent more antisemitic incidents than those institutions that did not.

• At least 200 American colleges and universities illegally withheld information on approximately $13 billion in undocumented contributions from foreign regimes, many of which are authoritarian. 

I haven’t seen that here before.  Thanks for posting.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Darn....

Haha!

I know this is not intentional but if you have ever worked outdoor maintenance, those dudes are IN LOVE with their sprinklers and watering.   There was 100% chance that they were not going to turn it off.  

• TBH 1

I love it. I wonder if AOC remembers when parents at school board meetings were being labeled as domestic terrorists by some on the left. 

Maybe even the DOJ? :dunno

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

10 minutes ago, nic said:

And why not pile it on. I do feel for the kids a bit. They have been duped. 

After the last 10 years, I fail at feeling sorry for people who fall for pathetic frauds and political scams.

Open your f#&%ing eyes and wake up.

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

After the last 10 years, I fail at feeling sorry for people who fall for pathetic frauds and political scams.

Open your f#&%ing eyes and wake up.

Thse college students were 9-11 years old 10 years ago.

• Plus1 1

I remember one poster saying that many of the protesters were in fact supporting a terrorist group and being anti-jew.  

That poster was chastised and told that he/she was incorrect. 

I remember one poster saying that for many of the protesters it was in fact just a social gathering, a party, if you will.  Now we see pictures and videos of them dancing, eating Dunkin Donuts, drinking lattes and listening to music.  

Again, he/she was told they were wrong.

Now we have the second largest hammy supporting population in the world...on college campuses here in America.   

And apparently they love sushi and salsa dancing.  That, the poster did not predict.    The same poster also said that cell phones and the internet would not "catch on" and that the Huskers would win at least 9 games last year...soooooo there is that.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1