33 minutes ago, nic said:

Yup, so what is your point? It turned into D&D players not getting laid….:D

I guess I just don’t get it. 

You seem to refute at article that stated furries using litter boxes in school is a hoax by sharing stories from your kids. 

Then seem a bit defensive when folks push back a bit.

Then come out and totally acknowledge it’s nonsense only meant to attack the education system.

What was the original point of sharing the article?

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, I played D and D and Star Frontiers and it is not like girls are just hoping they find a guy that plays that stuff.

I stopped playing when I was like 12 I think...maybe 13.  

girl-sure-jan.gif

• Haha 4
5 hours ago, funhusker said:

I guess I just don’t get it. 

You seem to refute at article that stated furries using litter boxes in school is a hoax by sharing stories from your kids. 

Then seem a bit defensive when folks push back a bit.

Then come out and totally acknowledge it’s nonsense only meant to attack the education system.

What was the original point of sharing the article?

I didn’t  mean to seem defensive. The point of my original post was that older kids having a Fursona and role playing as animals is a real thing despite the article saying it was debunked. I asked my kid what he has witnessed AFTER my original post to understand how they behave at his school and see if it matched the politicians description. There are no kids eating out of dog dishes or using litter boxes at his school. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, nic said:

I didn’t  mean to seem defensive. The point of my original post was that older kids having a Fursona and role playing as animals is a real thing despite the article saying it was debunked. I asked my kid what he has witnessed AFTER my original post to understand how they behave at his school and see if it matched the politicians description. There are no kids eating out of dog dishes or using litter boxes at his school. 

That’s not what the article said was debunked.

Not that I recommend only reading headlines, but I do recommend AT LEAST reading the headline:

“GOP New Hampshire Senate nominee repeats hoax that kids are using litter boxes in schools”

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
4 hours ago, funhusker said:

That’s not what the article said was debunked.

Not that I recommend only reading headlines, but I do recommend AT LEAST reading the headline:

“GOP New Hampshire Senate nominee repeats hoax that kids are using litter boxes in schools”

You left out the other part. 

"identify as anthropomorphic cats"

Now while the kids don't truly believe they are animals....at least I hope not...they do dress up and role play as animals in the school. Role play meaning they perform animal behaviors. The school simply let's that happen. Of course, our high school let's the kids get away with lots of things and at least this stuff doesn't hurt anyone else. My initial point is that this stuff is in schools not just conventions as someone else and the article noted. Now the question is do the parents, teachers and administrators just chaulk it up to a phase, or do they think the kids might need some help? 

2 minutes ago, GSG said:

This is you if you were born 30 years later lol

A young Donald Trump?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

The amount of people hating on D&D in this thread that play fantasy football every weekend is ironically hilarious. 

I don't feel like Fantasy Football is anything like D&D. There is very little to no creativity, inter-personal drama, or magic in FF

On the flipside FF makes watching regular football vastly more interesting, I never have to deal with a rules-lawyer, and I can actually win some money playing FF.

Furthermore, FF takes up far, far less time to play. I modify my roster and then can forget about it. D&D required hours of time in a single session to really move a story-line forward.

Finally, in the FF leagues I've played in the League Manager really has no say at all in how the league progresses (beyond inviting the initial participants) while in D&D the DM has the ultimate control on the direction the story might go in.

You're not building a character. There is no narrative. The teams and leagues are just loose constructs that don't really lend themselves to "fantasy," despite the name.

I would say that FF has a lot more in common with stock market investing. You're trying to assemble a profitable portfolio, and all of the psychological pitfalls are the same.

I'm not dressing up like Tom Brady or pretending to be Ezekiel Elliott 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, GSG said:

I'm not dressing up like Tom Brady or pretending to be Ezekiel Elliott 

On one hand, you're creating a persona, choosing how that persona performs based on stats and leaving the final outcome of whether or not you defeat your opponent up to chance. 

On the other....