Mavric

DT Matthew Pola-Mao

HuskerBoard Predictor  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, Huskinator said:

Ewwww

Still visiting us the weekend after the Poly game. If we get Noa this Saturday it's a wrap 

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Still visiting us the weekend after the Poly game. If we get Noa this Saturday it's a wrap 

You think it's a package deal?

40 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

You think it's a package deal?

I do.  I think that was what sold noa on Nebraska. The family connection with great fans.  We also then get a solid dt project. 

56 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

I do.  I think that was what sold noa on Nebraska. The family connection with great fans.  We also then get a solid dt project. 

I would not be surprised at all to see Mao take a pretty big drop in rankings to somewhere around .86 or .87 since he hasn't played in practically two years. Either way, I hope we can snag him since depth will be a little shallow following this year.

39 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

I would not be surprised at all to see Mao take a pretty big drop in rankings to somewhere around .86 or .87 since he hasn't played in practically two years. Either way, I hope we can snag him since depth will be a little shallow following this year.

He would fit perfectly here.  Daniels brothers will be solid this year and get him a year with the strength program.  I could see him making huge strides his sophomore and junior years.  

4 hours ago, spurs1990 said:

Adrian Martinez didnt play for a year either. Maybe thats our edge to land high end prospects.

Probably helped us hold on to Ronald too.

2 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Dropped to a 5.7 3

Sounds about like what we thought though. Pretty much not playing two years is a fair reason to drop I guess. I wouldn't hate having that depth added at DT still.

12 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Starts talking around 1:40ish

That video made my brain hurt.  So chaotic, so unstable, so much rocking back and forth and unfortunately not so informative.  Thanks for posting though.

2 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

That video made my brain hurt.  So chaotic, so unstable, so much rocking back and forth and unfortunately not so informative.  Thanks for posting though.

Stay tuned

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I agree!  But as big as Robinson is and with a couple years in the weight program, he could also be playing the nose.

Most of these guys can add the weight but that doesn't mean they should. I think it was a mistake with Carlos, and I think it would be a mistake with Robinson. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, brophog said:

Most of these guys can add the weight but that doesn't mean they should. I think it was a mistake with Carlos, and I think it would be a mistake with Robinson. 

He is big right now as a Sr. and he looks like he needs some good weight.  He main gain & he may not.  I would not be surprised if he moves more inside than out.

4 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

All I took from that is the interviewer really wants him to go to USC. 

And USC is lucky they are surrounded by top talent because their recruiting sucks 

8 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

And USC is lucky they are surrounded by top talent because their recruiting sucks 

I also question how much USC actually wants him. We are 3 weeks out from signing day and he hasn’t even talked to the D line coach who was hired a month ago? Seems odd 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

I also question how much USC actually wants him. We are 3 weeks out from signing day and he hasn’t even talked to the D line coach who was hired a month ago? Seems odd 

I don’t think they have room for him yet but he’s not going to say that in an interview.

As for the “middle of nowhere” comment, guessing he’ll have a different view after his visit. 

Nebraska, Oregon and USC are his final three but we seem to be the only place he's set to visit as of now.

Again said he'd like to play with NPG but also has a brother playing for USC.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Nebraska, Oregon and USC are his final three but we seem to be the only place he's set to visit as of now.

Again said he'd like to play with NPG but also has a brother playing for USC.

So hes coming to NU, perfect 

• Plus1 1

On 1/17/2019 at 12:45 PM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

He is big right now as a Sr. and he looks like he needs some good weight.  He main gain & he may not.  I would not be surprised if he moves more inside than out.

Robinson's length is better served at DE. If we are going to move anyone to NT it should be Piper, he's shorter and  thicker, supposedly already up to 290. Personally, I'd say keep Robinson at DE, bring-in MPM for NT, and move Piper to OG. 

• Plus1 4
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Robinson's length is better served at DE. If we are going to move anyone to NT it should be Piper, he's shorter and  thicker, supposedly already up to 290. Personally, I'd say keep Robinson at DE, bring-in MPM for NT, and move Piper to OG. 

In not disagreeing, but Robinson is a big boy.  Just would not be surprised if gets to 320+.

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

In not disagreeing, but Robinson is a big boy.  Just would not be surprised if gets to 320+.

In a 3/4 you need big bodies DEs. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Danimal said:

He definitely looks NT shaped to me.

41 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He definitely looks NT shaped to me.

This is where this was meant to go. 

Hope he comes here.  I can’t wait to see what a good weight training and work our regiment would do to him. He could be a beast in a few years.  

• Upvote 1

OV here set for the weekend right before signing day (Feb 1-3)

Still makes me think that he only has a spot if we miss somewhere else.

• Plus1 1