Mavric

2019 Starting Lineup Campaigning Thread

Think you deserve a spot but are getting overlooked? Want to drum up support for your nominee? Here's the place - the ONLY place.

My favorite thing about the Starting Lineup is when people forget about the Campaign Thread rules and beg for votes in the Status updates.  :D

• Plus1 1

Hey guys. It sure has been a good year. If you would keep me in mind for a spot on the starting lineup I would greatly appreciate it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Sad 1

Hopefully it's ok to mention two people in one post. If not, please delete this.

But the two best posters on this board at analyzing college football in my opinion are @brophog and @BIG ERN

• Plus1 1
  • Confused 2

Vote for me and I will eye roll every post I can on a daily basis to make everybody lose their minds and descend into chaos and panic.

• Eyeroll 2

3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Vote for me and I will eye roll every post I can on a daily basis to make everybody lose their minds and descend into chaos and panic.

I thought you were already doing that.

• Haha 1

It's time to vote Redux onto the coaching staff.  OC, DC or even HC will suffice.  It's my time, my time is now.  I can retire to the hall of fame once I make it onto the coaching staff.

3 hours ago, Undone said:

Hopefully it's ok to mention two people in one post. If not, please delete this.

But the two best posters on this board at analyzing college football in my opinion are @brophog and @BIG ERN

Somebody delete this garbage!

:P:lol:

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

I thought you were already doing that.

He is, but this way he gets to feel even better about himself.

• Haha 1

Just now, Redux said:

It's time to vote Redux onto the coaching staff.  OC, DC or even HC will suffice.  It's my time, my time is now.  I can retire to the hall of fame once I make it onto the coaching staff.

More of a long-snapper aren't ya?

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

More of a long-snapper aren't ya?

You're talking to a 2x Qb, WR and RB here pally!

3 minutes ago, Redux said:

You're talking to a 2x Qb, WR and RB here pally!

This ain't intramural flag football, in BFE, Nebraska! You're in the big-times now!

17 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

This ain't intramural flag football, in BFE, Nebraska! You're in the big-times now!

I'm the greatest that ever played the game there Spunky, best watch your tone when talking to the GOAT.

I've never committed an eye roll in my life. I've been waiting for this opportunity to leverage the true power.

• Eyeroll 3

Just now, Landlord said:

I've never committed an eye roll in my life. I've been waiting for this opportunity to leverage the true power.

You got no place on this team then

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

I AM THIS TEAM

Awww, he think's he's people.

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, Landlord said:

You retired.

21 hours ago, Mavric said:

The HuskerBoard Starting Lineup Hall of Fame

Hall of Fame members have been elected to a position at least four times and have chosen to retire from consideration.

Landlord [of Memorial Stadium]

2010 - Wide Receiver

2011 - Cornerback

2012 - Tight End

2013 - Running Back

2014 - Tight End

2015 - Equipment Intern
2016 - Running Back
2017 - Offensive Guard

• Haha 2

On 1/9/2019 at 7:59 AM, knapplc said:

You retired.

I was just trying to introduce some chaos and misdirection into the whole thing. Thanks for spoiling it.

• Eyeroll 5

On 1/10/2019 at 11:38 AM, Landlord said:

I was just trying to introduce some chaos and misdirection into the whole thing. Thanks for spoiling it.

NO!  You sit back in the corner!  Eye Rolls for you!

I would like to take this time to thank each of you for your support over these last several years. I would not be half the poster I am today without the drive and determination that was instilled in me by several of you over the last several years. I am here to encourage each of you to both nominate me as well as vote for me when the time comes. HuskerBoard is a fantastic place that I thoroughly enjoy almost as much as Redux does. 

On 1/8/2019 at 10:50 AM, knapplc said:

My favorite thing about the Starting Lineup is when people forget about the Campaign Thread rules and beg for votes in the Status updates.  :D

My favorite part is the Hall of Fame brunch where St. Paul gets drunk off too many mimosa's and keeps asking Mavric to dance. 

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2019 at 4:11 PM, Redux said:

I concur sir, you got my vote.

On another note, I've been lucky enough to be voted onto the Starting Lineup two years in a row.  I've sacked QBs and stuffed the run.  I've caught passes from QBs.  I think it would be a natural progression to be the QB this season...

• Plus1 1

On 1/8/2019 at 3:11 PM, Redux said:

You got my vote for OC. That is the least I could after you nominated me for DC

• Plus1 1

Guys, you gotta vote for me for Offensive Coordinator.  We can't let Hedley win it.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:07 PM, Landlord said:

On 1/12/2019 at 8:36 AM, Redux said:

NO!  You sit back in the corner!  Eye Rolls for you!

Vote for me and I will eye roll every thing the both of you do. 

Am I doing this right?

You guise, if you select me as your QB, I promise to audible out of almost everything OC Hedley calls and call my own plays like Black 41 Flash Reverse and the Oopty Ooop!

I think we need to add  AD to the list of available positions - so we can nominate some of those retired folk not named Landlord:D

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I think we need to add  AD to the list of available positions - so we can nominate some of those retired folk not named Landlord:D

Besides nominations for AD  perhaps @Mavric  can think about nominations for Special Teams - the unskilled positions - the guys running down like a kamikaze on the kick off to lay the wood to an unsuspecting kick off returner. That is kind of how I played football in HS - I played OLB or Free safety (besides Tight End - two way back then in small town SD football).

Kind of like this 

20 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Besides nominations for AD  perhaps @Mavric  can think about nominations for Special Teams - the unskilled positions - the guys running down like a kamikaze on the kick off to lay the wood to an unsuspecting kick off returner. That is kind of how I played football in HS - I played OLB or Free safety (besides Tight End - two way back then in small town SD football).

Kind of like this 

On 1/8/2019 at 9:31 AM, Mavric said:

Job Descriptions

Defensive Special Teamer (Gunner):

• Insane - Have you ever seen these idiots play football? They run as fast as they possibly can down the field in order to run into an oncoming wedge/defender head on! But, busting up a wedge to allow another player to make the tackle on the returner is very important. This poster probably has some weird and wild ideas, but still get the job done. Eric Martin is just the most recent example of this position, but Brandon Rigoni may be the best.
  • Speedy - Once the ball is in the air, the defensive special teamers need to get to the ball as fast as possible to either make the tackle or down a punt close to the opposing goal-line. There's nothing that frustrates a coach more than giving the other team 20 free yards! We need someone who is a speed poster and has the body control and ability to down the ball inside the 10!
  • Young - Coaches love to use true freshmen on special teams. Normally they don't want their skill players getting hurt on a kick/punt coverage or returning. I think this position should be filled by a "rookie" of HuskerBoard - maybe someone who has only been here for 3 months or less...longer if we can't think of anyone.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Great - I didn't realize that was one of the positions and the Job description is what I was thinking of  - esp the insane part. 

On 1/29/2019 at 12:20 PM, Redux said:

You guise, if you select me as your QB, I promise to audible out of almost everything OC Hedley calls and call my own plays like Black 41 Flash Reverse and the Oopty Ooop!

Exactly the type of QB we dont need in this offense...seems like a good fit at Oregon State 

On 1/23/2019 at 5:02 PM, CheeseHusker said:

I have a 10 year streak of failure at this.... so... draw your own conclusion with that.

It's a tight race for the #2 RB spot

Image result for vote for cheese

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Exactly the type of QB we dont need in this offense...seems like a good fit at Oregon State 

Why, because our idiot AD hired you from Oregon State after your 2nd stint there following a failed pro run? Pass

5 hours ago, Redux said:

Why, because our idiot AD hired you from Oregon State after your 2nd stint there following a failed pro run? Pass

Glad I didnt recruit you, carry on Harrison Beck 

4 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Glad I didnt recruit you, carry on Harrison Beck 

You wouldn't have landed me and you will be honored to have me Mike Riley

Is there a walk-on spot???

That would be sweet.

EDIT: Not a lot of rep. but what that person has posted has made an impact.