Cam Jurgens NOT injured again

SUHperman

Just now, 307husker said:

I'm having a hard time deciding exactly who is eating crow at this point...

I would guess the following:

Jurgens isn't 100% recovered so he's still wearing the boot (at least part of the time).  Someone saw him in the boot and assumed he got hurt again.  Internet explodes.

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I would guess the following:

Jurgens isn't 100% recovered so he's still wearing the boot (at least part of the time).  Someone saw him in the boot and assumed he got hurt again.  Internet explodes.

Except Sean Callahan said he spoke with a family member and thus the report about another broken bone.  One can only assume it was a minor setback since he's practicing?

23 minutes ago, frijole said:

Except Sean Callahan said he spoke with a family member and thus the report about another broken bone.  One can only assume it was a minor setback since he's practicing?

You went full Sean Callahan. Never go full Sean Callahan. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, frijole said:

:P Yeah, just figured there'd be no reason for family member to lie to him.  :dunno

Not everyone's family has their best interest at heart.

You have to ask yourself what kind of family member would tell Sean Callahan private information about their relative's serious injury?  I saw a player in a boot last season and months later I won't tell this board their name, and I'm not even related to the guy. A stranger shouldn't care more about someone's privacy than their family members.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You have to ask yourself what kind of family member would tell Sean Callahan private information about their relative's serious injury?  I saw a player in a boot last season and months later I won't tell this board their name, and I'm not even related to the guy. A stranger shouldn't care more about someone's privacy than their family members.

Also could have just been some misunderstanding about the timeline.  Callahan asks if Jurgens broke his ankle.  That is what happened last year and it happened before so the family member might have thought he was talking about last fall which was widely known so divulging that information might not have seemed like a big deal.  But Callahan was meaning just recently but the family member thought he was talking about last fall.

27 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Also could have just been some misunderstanding about the timeline.  Callahan asks if Jurgens broke his ankle.  That is what happened last year and it happened before so the family member might have thought he was talking about last fall which was widely known so divulging that information might not have seemed like a big deal.  But Callahan was meaning just recently but the family member thought he was talking about last fall.

Callahan would have to be a terrible interviewer not to verify dates. I know nothing about him so maybe that's possible?

I think what you need to think about is if Callahan talked to anyone at all.  This is not some top secret government cover up where the reporter not only wants to be first but has to be 100% correct.  This is college sports.  More than likely Sean "heard" it from a friend...who heard it from a friend who...heard it that Cam was really hurt.  

This is college sports information...we tend to not care about the credibility...we tend to care about the instant information.

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

I’m doubtful most football players relatives think about that 

someone asks you a question about your cousins health And you answer it, dont think twice about it 

what is the big deal about being all 007  about off season injuries ?? 

you’re either  injured or you aren’t, why so secretive ? 

he has never even played a single down of football here 

13 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

I’m doubtful most football players relatives think about that 

someone asks you a question about your cousins health And you answer it, dont think twice about it 

what is the big deal about being all 007  about off season injuries ?? 

you’re either  injured or you aren’t, why so secretive ? 

he has never even played a single down of football here 

Do you recognize this animal?

th?id=OIP.vKJJdfpO3bLU-zlOi-ZStAHaH5&pid

• Haha 7
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, brophog said:

Interesting to watch Austin’s interview today. He really caught the reporters off guard when asked if he felt Jurgens could start immediately, answering yes before they even finished the question. 

But, but but @OTHusker says he's going to be a bust! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1