Do wet conditions help or hurt Nebraska on Saturday?

10 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Well you go right ahead and love Wisconsin. Based on your recent posting history, I have to question if you're even a Husker fan. There's reality and disappointment which is usually accompanied by hope and acknowledging the obvious improvements.....and then there's what you've been doing.

I don't know, but I'm talking about football, you're talking about me. 

Well I know, it doesn't pertain.  Apologies for that.  

However it must be said, if you really care about good football, and I really do, that if Michigan doesn't get the targeting calls against Wisc. I don't think Michigan scores that day, period.  Blocking.  Running.  Tackling.  

And Wisconsin is on their third Coach since 2006(4 if you count interim) and are 122-39.  Not like the NU sh$show we have had to endure.  Dont you ever get tired of people whizzing on your head and telling you it is rain?

Those kind of wet conditions, we are well used to around here.  When it is good, dont worry, I will let you know that too.

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Well I know, it doesn't pertain.  Apologies for that.  

However it must be said, if you really care about good football, and I really do, that if Michigan doesn't get the targeting calls against Wisc. I don't think Michigan scores that day, period.  Blocking.  Running.  Tackling.  

And Wisconsin is on their third Coach since 2006(4 if you count interim) and are 122-39.  Not like the NU sh$show we have had to endure.  Dont you ever get tired of people whizzing on your head and telling you it is rain?

Those kind of wet conditions, we are well used to around here.  When it is good, dont worry, I will let you know that too.

I quit paying attention to the people telling me that was just rain a long time ago. But I’ve also seen very noticeable improvements in the culture since Frost was hired. I’m okay that some of the initial steps have been stumbles. I don’t equate anything we’ve seen in the last 16 games (except maybe Michigan last year) with anything that transpired previous. I know it will get better so maybe I’m just being a little more patient.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I quit paying attention to the people telling me that was just rain a long time ago. But I’ve also seen very noticeable improvements in the culture since Frost was hired. I’m okay that some of the initial steps have been stumbles. I don’t equate anything we’ve seen in the last 16 games (except maybe Michigan last year) with anything that transpired previous. I know it will get better so maybe I’m just being a little more patient.

Rock on, Homeslice.  

It's bad for us.

Unless our offensive line somehow pulls a FREAKING miracle and decides to start blocking against the front seven of Ohio State....any kind of rain or adverse conditions is bad for us.

If our interior lineman can't move South Alabama, Colorado, and Northern Illinois in good conditions....we are in for a long night.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Wet conditions hurt us more than they do Ohio State. Our running game is not that strong especially up the middle, and if we are forced to throw the ball, that will not be that good in the rain. Couple that with our fumbilites as of late, wet weather is definitely against us. Ohio state has some strong running backs that can definitely run the ball down our throats. I am hoping for some dry good weather. Fingers crossed.

56 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Wet conditions hurt us more than they do Ohio State. Our running game is not that strong especially up the middle, and if we are forced to throw the ball, that will not be that good in the rain. Couple that with our fumbilites as of late, wet weather is definitely against us. Ohio state has some strong running backs that can definitely run the ball down our throats. I am hoping for some dry good weather. Fingers crossed.

Honestly, having played on field turf in wet games it has little effect on close contact blocking, etc...the way fields are now (artificial), footing is not necessarily a big concern...however ball grip and such as you have mentioned, it is a concern...but passing game will effect both equally. Hold onto the ball!