Is marijuana addictive?

Is marijuana addictive?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

To this day I am still not sure which one of these has a stronger stigma attached to it...Pot or Jeans.

I almost think you would have a better chance getting a job if you showed up to the interview stoned than if you did wearing jeans.

Hey buddy. I'll have you know I wear jeans to work every day that I'm not wearing shorts.

I'm really glad it is considered normal attire for my line of work. I would absolutely hate having to wear office casual.

9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Hey buddy. I'll have you know I wear jeans to work every day that I'm not wearing shorts.

I'm really glad it is considered normal attire for my line of work. I would absolutely hate having to wear office casual.

Dude, I am on your side!

We get to wear jeans once a week, why people are still so scared of jeans is beyond the reasoning of my small brain!

I think there's a difference between addiction and dependence.  Addiction being the physical manifestation - dependence being the mental.  

In medicine there are sleep aids that fall into dependence (the anxiety a person begins to feel when they think they can't get to sleep without it keeps them awake).  I'd put pot in that bucket - a hazard for those with addictive personalities or needs; they will have a harder time not abusing it.  Alcohol is the same way.  Food can be the same, sex - many vices.

I didn't answer the questions because I wouldn't choose an answer to 3 it wouldn't let me submit.  But I think it's fine to have it against NCAA policy, or have an age restriction (like alcohol).  I also think it is a safer alternative to opioids and there have been some good documentary type shows investigating that (I think it was Real Sports last year) and I listened to an NPR story on Fresh Air on it also (that one looked more into the negatives, but I still came out of it thinking it's a better option than opioids)