Concerning

9 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Obviously, the whole mornings practice thing is not working either.  Again, force feeding a square peg into a round hole.  Why not have normal afternoon practices and maybe attention to detail will be there.  If this is carrying over to Gameday walk through, maybe that is on the coach?  Stubborn Scotty Frosty at his best

Yes, the time we practice is totally the issue.

• Plus1 6

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

As a player who went through what he did to earn the respect of his Nebraska teammates, Frost can see details that show lack of toughness and focus.

The enforcement needs to come from the team, not the coaching staff.  When Frost talks about culture, that's part of it.

How did he earn the respect of his teammates? Did they disrespect him? 

21 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Yes, the time we practice is totally the issue.

One of many issues, not THE issue.  Ok Mr. Kool-Aid, how many of the top programs practice at 6am?  I remember college and how much attention to details I was aware of at that time of the day.  As bad as we are, a full review is needed.

Look at Baylor.  Matt Rhule took over a team with alot of talent in his first year and they went 1-11.  Since then they have been climbing the ladder.  RIght now they are sitting at 7-0, with a chance to be considered a Playoff team if they run the table.  BAYLOR!  So, all this stuff about our talent not equaling what the result on the field is, is not that simple.  

If you haven't figured it out yet, we can't measure what Bama, LSu, Oklahoma and others have done with coaching changes.  Those teams do have legit top 10 talent each and almost every year no matter who coaches them.  Much easier to win 9 a year!

I have one other point to make that is somewhat misleading but being honest.  If we are not getting what we need right now with recruiting HS players, go and get the best JUCO players for the offensive line, linebackers and other areas of concern.  Don't need to get 10 or 15, but go out and get the best 1 or 2 at offensive line and maybe DB.  I have no reservations  about doing so to get things solidified for a couple of years.  IF memory serves me right, MIke Rozier was a juco player...........Cam Newton..........many have came before.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

One of many issues, not THE issue.  Ok Mr. Kool-Aid, how many of the top programs practice at 6am?  I remember college and how much attention to details I was aware of at that time of the day.  As bad as we are, a full review is needed.

Speaking only from my perspective, my 6am workouts are the best, but it is highly unusual (I think-but what do I know) and I’ve wondered what players do during the time most are having team practice. Lift and condition I guess  

7 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Yes Frost was not thought of too highly because he chose Stanford over Nebraska in the day.  When he came crawling home he was made aware of that fact and I think earned the teams respect in the process.

I remember that part well. Our house was divided over it-no big shock there- from butt hurt to impressed by Stanford, and a few shades of grey in between 

34 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

How did he earn the respect of his teammates? Did they disrespect him? 

He had to run scout team.  The Peter brothers and other defenders were brutal to Frost.  He took it.

You don't know Frost's story?

If you don't, you honesty do not fully know why he's the right guy.

• Plus1 2

30 minutes ago, TheSker said:

He had to run scout team.  The Peter brothers and other defenders were brutal to Frost.  He took it.

You don't know Frost's story?

If you don't, you honesty do not fully know why he's the right guy.

Oh I know he deserves to be the HC as much as anyone ever. He literally talked us into a share of a trophy. He’s really good with talking. 

1 hour ago, 10_point_buck said:

Its proven first thing in the morning is when you have the most focus, brain power and will power.

He is the right guy for us in the long run.  No doubt.  That doesnt mean he is the best coach right now.   This staff is still growing, most of them are young coaches.  We all know it takes 3 or 4 years to rebuild a team, what we are seeing is that this staff itself needs a few more years of experience and learning.  They are growing right along with our young players.

The truth is much of the reason for our underwhelming team, is because the coaching has been underwhelming.  The coaches dont admit that publicly, but i bet you they admit it privately, which is the important thing.  Atleast i hope they do.  I believe they are passionate coaches, almost all of them seem to be.  So they will learn, but they have a lot to learn.  As far as coaching goes, this staff is like talented freshman.  They came in c$%ky, and confident after how good they were in high school (AAC).  Now they are getting some humbling, and getting beat by older, more experienced coaches, and realizing just how much more they have to learn.  

The good news is i think they have the want to, and the character to learn, and work at improving themselves.  Frost doesnt fully admit it, but i bet you he has been humbled, and is open to learning and continuing to grow as much as he can.  Agree or am i wrong?

Maybe frost and staff werent as good as he appeared to be after what he did at UCF.  But he and his staff have as much upside as maybe any staff in the country, that Nebraska has the chance of retaining anyhow.  Maybe OUR STAFF is in a tough period in their growth, a sophmore slump so to say.  I get the sense that Frost is dissapointed in himself to the point he tries to shift the blame a bit, but it appears deep down he knows he hasnt done a great job.  He will get the job done, it just looks like it will take a lil longer than we hoped.  And by that i mean we thought he could have us good by year 2 or 3, maybe as soon as next year we will start seeing the things we want to see, maybe it wont be till year 5, but it will happen.  A perfect coach could get more out of guys that arent his, but i really feel like the Seniors and to a lesser extent some of the juniors, arent fully with Frost.  Apparently one of the Davis twins said f#&% you right to his face, if thats true, that says alot about this.  Some of them probably wanted to play for Riley, and dont line up with Frosts way, but decided to stay for their last year or 2.  This isnt the coach some of these guys signed up for.  Idk.  Im not worried about Frost getting us where we want to be in the next year or 2 culturally. 

The one thing im now worried about is if we can recruit well enough this class after the dissapointing season.  We got some future good players on offense, we have some at corner, but we really need to get some LBs and Passrushers  in this class.  After this season, that may not be a given.  And if we miss at those spots or just have a bad recruiting class in general we could be in trouble for years.  If we get some guys we desperately need, i think we will be good either next year or the year after

• Plus1 1