The NCAA will allow athletes to profit from their name, image, and likeness

Dagerow

I just learned that Missouri passed a state law earlier this year that allows high schoolers to get NIL money once they sign a financial aid agreement (not a national letter of intent, but an aid agreement they can sign Sept 1st) with at an instate school.

I'm sure that's a big reason why Mizzou just got a commitment from a top 5 national recruit from KC.

41 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I just learned that Missouri passed a state law earlier this year that allows high schoolers to get NIL money once they sign a financial aid agreement (not a national letter of intent, but an aid agreement they can sign Sept 1st) with at an instate school.

I'm sure that's a big reason why Mizzou just got a commitment from a top 5 national recruit from KC.

I saw that as well. 

But apparently Nebraska has the same setup.  Just hasn't been talked about a lot.

Or we haven't had any five-stars in-state to make it a story.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, could the 5 star from KC get NIL from Nebraska while in HS?

I was curious about that as well.  And I really don't have any idea.

If I had to guess, as it's allowed here and allowed there, I would think so.  There would have to be some sort of prohibition about it going across state lines but I've never seen that.  Of course, I wasn't really aware of it at all until the past couple of days.

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

I was curious about that as well.  And I really don't have any idea.

If I had to guess, as it's allowed here and allowed there, I would think so.  There would have to be some sort of prohibition about it going across state lines but I've never seen that.  Of course, I wasn't really aware of it at all until the past couple of days.

They could. I’m a high school AD. NIL is legal in Nebraska. I know of a baseball player from Nebraska that had national NIL deals who is committed to an SEC baseball school. Our kids here don’t even have to agree on a scholarship. 

If you are interested you can read the rules set by the NSAA if you Google it. 

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

They could. I’m a high school AD. NIL is legal in Nebraska. I know of a baseball player from Nebraska that had national NIL deals who is committed to an SEC baseball school. Our kids here don’t even have to agree on a scholarship. 

If you are interested you can read the rules set by the NSAA if you Google it. 

Doesn’t Missouri NIL have a stipulation that you can only receive NIL money in Hs if you attend an in state college. 

• 2 weeks later...