Wisconsin Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

4 hours ago, lo country said:

UCF held opponents to approx 26 points.  They did face USF and Memphis (2 explosive offenses like UCF).  I think that to win the B1G, that number might have to drop down a tad.  The defenses in the B1G are stout.  not going to be putting up 50 points per game....

I do like that he is finally recognizing the D is the weak link in year 2....and year 1....

I hope he not only recognizes the weakness of the D but does something about it as you are right...BIG defenses are very tough and a great offense will not make up for a very bad defense.  With UCF allowing 26 points a game, part of that was the tempo and number of points and quick drives they were doing themselves.  

• Plus1 1

47 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

How hard is it to get players to buy in/do better when they keep hearing you talk about how they aren't good enough for you?

One of the first rules of management is to not constantly talk about the place you came from and how the people were better, its demoralizing. 

You mean like best week of practice?

2 hours ago, Lightfighter214 said:

Hes been publicy stating for two years they need to get better players, thats has to be hard to listen to as a player.

This, so much this.

coaches and fan are so fast to throw out that the culture still needs changed and the “bad apples” on the team need to move on/graduate.   How are quotes like these inspiring a strong culture????   He is coming off as the staff can’t coach them up so let’s throw them under the bus.  And this is after we’d heard at the end of last year, in the spring and in fall camp that he liked the players/pieces he would have this fall.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

This, so much this.

coaches and fan are so fast to throw out that the culture still needs changed and the “bad apples” on the team need to move on/graduate.   How are quotes like these inspiring a strong culture????   He is coming off as the staff can’t coach them up so let’s throw them under the bus.  And this is after we’d heard at the end of last year, in the spring and in fall camp that he liked the players/pieces he would have this fall.

I agree 100%.  It's the old adage, call a child bad long enough and he becomes bad. I also wonder if the kids are wondering now is he talking about me?  Do they see any favoritism?  Do they feel like it's Frost's recruits and then "us".  People are motivated differently.  Some guys rise up to the challenge of being called out (LJax) and others wilt.  

Two years and culture is still an issue is a coaching issue IMHO.  I think that talent is an issue, but coaching can fix a lot of that. You have to go al out to develop the kids you have.  Coach the sh!t out of them.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

On 11/17/2019 at 8:36 AM, PaulCrewe said:

This, so much this.

The truth hurts sometimes.  I don't think he's saying it just to say it.

• Plus1 1
On 11/17/2019 at 6:04 AM, Lightfighter214 said:

Hes been publicy stating for two years they need to get better players, thats has to be hard to listen to as a player.

That would be concerning if we were winning games and players were playing great.  They aren't.  So, the player shouldn't have his feelings hurt anymore from this than losing games and getting beat on the field.

If the players don't want these types of comments.  Play better and win games.

• Plus1 2