2023 Husker Football Schedule

Mavric

I think just improving discipline alone we pick up 2-3 more wins. False starts, dumb onside kicks, penalties and missed open field tackles. It is like being in a washing machine with this program. Wash, rinse repeat. 

But again, I will do what I have done every year, get stressed before the game somewhere around Wednesday. Then on gameday, pace around the house while firing up the grill. Then pour a drink at kickoff. The amount I drink is determined by how they play. Pathetic. 

But I will be a husker til the day I die!

GBR!!

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
  • 2 weeks later...

33 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Wasn't Rhule supposed to move the team into the dorms for a certain amount of time to add more bonding during the fall?  I hope it helps in some way to win games.

I remember reading they were going to do that.  I suppose it will help with bonding but just also helps keep people accountable.  Pretty easy to just walk down the hall and knock on doors to make sure guys are getting to practice and meetings on time.

4 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I remember reading they were going to do that.  I suppose it will help with bonding but just also helps keep people accountable.  Pretty easy to just walk down the hall and knock on doors to make sure guys are getting to practice and meetings on time.

I think he is doing it bc he wants the team to bond on a more personal level.  Yes you sit at a table and eat and you go to practice together but do you really know what's going on with certain teammate's if they aren't open to talking.  Hope it helps bc it certainly didn't help when SF tried to bond the team with Navy Seal training.  

The biggest advantage to the dorms is time. Fall camp is the one time of the year the NCAA isn't hovering over you with a stopwatch. By putting everyone together, it greatly decreases downtime and distractions and can allow everyone to maximize the amount of football related work that can be done in a day.

25 minutes ago, brophog said:

The biggest advantage to the dorms is time. Fall camp is the one time of the year the NCAA isn't hovering over you with a stopwatch. By putting everyone together, it greatly decreases downtime and distractions and can allow everyone to maximize the amount of football related work that can be done in a day.

Which I hope wins the close games where we lost so many.  Attention to detail does.  Has anybody heard if HC Matt Rhule is planning on doing this at the beginning or at the end of fall camp?

• Mavric unpinned this topic