The Political Cartoon Thread

6 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

It's called satire.

And a case could be made for that guy doing way worse.

5 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I forgot people don't know that Babylon Bee is satire.

Um. I know it’s satire. But this is an actual quote of D.ick Cheney, and satire can be done poorly, and often is by Babylon Bee. 

Also, nothing about the Tweet is satirical. I glanced at the link and the article is. The tweet is using an (almost) actual quote and stating a fact about Cheney (which is funny on its own, so maybe this is just lazy, easy satire. But either way, if this a$$h@!e thinks Trump is bad, that should tell you something).

Here is the actual one:

There has never been an individual who is a greater threat to our republic than Donald Trump,”

On Cheney doing worse, so far, probably. Way worse, I don’t think so. It’s hard to tell how much damage Trump has done at this point, and he can still do a lot more, and wants to. One thing he’s done that’s difficult to measure the consequences of this early is drastically changed the GOP. I already disagreed with most of their policy but now they are much worse than proponents of bad policy. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for letting us know that you know about the Babylon Bee. 

I understand that D*ck said that quote. To get the satire, one has to consider the absolute comedy of D*ck saying that about anyone...even Trump.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I understand that D*ck said that quote. To get the satire, one has to consider the absolute comedy of D*ck saying that about anyone...even Trump.

Well, it was weird having 2 people assume my reply meant I didn’t know what BB was. Nothing about my reply should lead someone to think that. It is funny having Cheney say it. There is nothing complicated to “get” about it. But my reply still stands. It’s telling that even an a$$h@!e like him knows Trump is a threat to the U.S.  

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Well, it was weird having 2 people assume my reply meant I didn’t know what BB was. Nothing about my reply should lead someone to think that. It is funny having Cheney say it. There is nothing complicated to “get” about it. But my reply still stands. It’s telling that even an a$$h@!e like him knows Trump is a threat to the U.S.  

I don’t see why anyone has a problem with your response.  It appears that you are the only one that is actually understanding the satire here.

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

You realize that's a direct quote from Dick Cheney in his daughter's new campaign ad, and not something the Babylon Bee made up as satire, right?

The rest of the "article" is satire. That quote is from Dick.

https://www.the-independent.com/news/world/americas/us-politics/d!(k-cheney-trump-threat-ad-b2138602.html

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

You realize that's a direct quote from Dick Cheney in his daughter's new campaign ad, and not something the Babylon Bee made up as satire, right?

The rest of the "article" is satire. That quote is from Dick.

https://www.the-independent.com/news/world/americas/us-politics/d!(k-cheney-trump-threat-ad-b2138602.html

Yes, as noted in my reply you quoted.

• Fire 2
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I don’t see why anyone has a problem with your response.  It appears that you are the only one that is actually understanding the satire here.

Perhaps I am the one that doesn't get it? 

I see a bad man calling out another bad man, and The Bee poking fun at the irony? :dunno

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

I see a bad man calling out another bad man, and The Bee poking fun at the irony? :dunno

That administration was what ultimately drove me from the Republican Party. Problem is, everything since has driven me farther away. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I think everyone gets it.  But the point is that a bad man made a comment like that and is being used as satire to point out how ridiculous Trump is.  

It’s also ironic because it’s true.