Prince Amukamara

Apathy

After reading the article on huskermax, the reason prince is getting hazed his second year is because of his broken foot, which resulted in him missing the first half of the season. None the less, I think what goes on in an NFL locker room should be taken with a grain of salt. These guys are merely joking around and now they are being scrutinized for "dangerous actions" and "hazing".

If I were the team owner, I would be incredibly angry. Whether you call it a prank or hazing, it could be terrible for business. Every player on that team is a multi-million dollar investment, or has the potential to bring a multi-million dollar payoff. Just not good business, to let these guys risk injuring themselves outside of a game situation.

They are at risk enough, in games. To allow this is incomprehensible, to me, whether it be a superstar, third stringer, or whatever. And regardless of who was throwing who, it's just bad business from a purely economic standpoint. I also hate bullying of any sort, but have not looked at the video, and don't claim this was or wasn't in good fun. That matters little. The financial risks to all involved, and other teammates, coaches, owners, this is just insanity.

ETA: and at risk in practice, of course.

Update : New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul is not expected to play in a preseason game against the Chicago Bears on Friday because of back spasms.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8293170/new-york-giants-de-jason-pierre-paul-unlikely-play-friday

In an unrelated story, doctors confirm that carrying 200+ lbs of uneven weight on your shoulders can lead to back spasms.

• Fire 1

Well, we now know what that extra P stands for in his name. JPP is a %ussy. Back spasms...LOL. I can understand if Prince let it go as part of the initiation process but I have read where it has happened multiple times...if that was the case Prince should have laid out this punk. I can't wait to read the headline when the tough JPP is taken down by Prince or another so-called lightweight.

• Mavric changed the title to Prince Amukamara