The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 minutes ago, commando said:

fauci said masks would probably help...but we needed all we had for the front line workers so no mask mandate for the public at first.   the right wing propaganda has spun that to no need to wear masks at all.:dunno

"Right now, in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks, There's no reason to be walking around with a mask." When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is." This came from his right wing propaganda interview on 60 minutes. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

I guess the debates I watched leading up to the election didnt actually happen. dangit 

She said she wouldn't take it just because Trump said it was safe.  She said she WOULD take it when scientists said it was safe.

Republicans continue to twist these words around to be something they weren't.

• Plus1 2

Just now, Archy1221 said:

Except there was clinical evidence which has been posted 

its ok Arch, Ivermectin doesnt work either regardless of all the studies. 

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

She said she wouldn't take it just because Trump said it was safe.  She said she WOULD take it when scientists said it was safe.

Republicans continue to twist these words around to be something they weren't.

Because Trump has the ability to approve vaccines. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

But, I will add that "Biden couldn't reach his goal of 70%" seems thin, at best, as a re-election strategy. Especially when other conservatives that are not on the Trump wagon can see that it was a narrative pushed by Fox et al. 

There are one hell of a lot of people that won't put those two things together.

They are purposely not having Trump say "don't take the vaccine" so that he can always say he said to take it....meanwhile, he's also not actively out promoting getting the vaccine.  His minions on Fox and other media are the ones preaching don't take the vaccine.  Heck, if you believe them, liberals are bringing armed forces to knock on your door, kidnap you, vaccinate you with secret tracking devices and then putting you back in your house.

Meanwhile, Trump is criticizing Biden for not reaching 70%.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just keep twisting words for an agenda.  Fact is, neither she nor Joe ever said they wouldn't take the vaccine.

"If the doctors tell us that we should take it, I'll be the first in line ... but if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I'm not taking it." (Kamala says here she would and wouldnt take it) Again it is all politics but how do people honestly not see that during the election the Dems tried to discredit the possibility of a vaccine by tying it to Trump? Like that was a real thing people. 

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

No...that's not political at all...

Actually, it's a very appropriate comment.  Trump had been saying some pretty wacko things throughout the pandemic.  I sure as hell wasn't going to take something either just because he said so.  I'll wait for the scientists to tell me it's safe.  They have......and I got the vaccine.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

"If the doctors tell us that we should take it, I'll be the first in line ... but if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I'm not taking it." (Kamala says here she would and wouldnt take it) Again it is all politics but how do people honestly not see that during the election the Dems tried to discredit the possibility of a vaccine by tying it to Trump? Like that was a real thing people. 

And...what is inappropriate about her statement?  Would you take a medication into your body just because a politician told you to without Drs also saying it's safe?

The political part is happening now with the twisting of her words.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Surely you can find the quote(s) where this was said.

I already posted one from Kamala in the VP debate. If Trump says its safe Im not taking it but if Scientist say it is safe I will take it. No crap Kamala that is how vaccines get approved. 

• Plus1 1