The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

The president obviously 

Whoa. Why aren't you giving trump the same grief you gave "Kamala and Joe" Mr. neither sides?

trump was applying political pressure to them to approve the vaccine before testing was complete, and accusing the FDA of delaying approval. Harris responded to that by saying any vaccine rushed by trump wouldn't be trustworthy - and she was right.

trump made the vaccine political because he was behind in the polls. You claim to be "neither side." But you are blaming "Kamala and Joe" for "making it political" and completely ignoring trump's actions leading up to that. 

• Plus1 3

35 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

"Right now, in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks, There's no reason to be walking around with a mask." When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is." This came from his right wing propaganda interview on 60 minutes. 

i remember early on that there was a shortage of  masks.  i checked my masks and saw they matched what the healthcare workers needed so i donated to a doctors office because of the shortage.    it was fauci saying we needed to donate them to the healthcare workers that motivated me to donate them.    maybe that is why i remember the reason people were asked to not wear them at first.

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What did he say?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/media/535081-wapost-counts-30573-false-or-misleading-claims-in-four-years-by-trump%3famp

Take your pick of the more the 30,000 lies he told in office.  Or more specifically how about his obvious desperation move to spread disinformation about the election beforehand. 

If you can't see the man for what he is by now, I can't help you.  You don't think he'd lean on the FDA to approve the vaccines before the trials were completed?  I seem to recall that's exactly what he tried to do.  So you can't honestly say that you would have taken the vaccine prior to any of the trials being completed. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2020/10/trump-vaccine-overrules-fda-election-coronavirus-science.html

That's what Harris was referring to.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

In fact, if I remember correctly, the question was put to Kamala trying to imply that she was telling people to not get vaccinated.  Instead, she flat out said she WOULD get vaccinated when the scientists and Drs said it's safe.

Pretty much completely opposite of the agenda being pushed here.

• Plus1 2

25 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Whoa. Why aren't you giving trump the same grief you gave "Kamala and Joe" Mr. neither sides?

trump was applying political pressure to them to approve the vaccine before testing was complete, and accusing the FDA of delaying approval. Harris responded to that by saying any vaccine rushed by trump wouldn't be trustworthy - and she was right.

trump made the vaccine political because he was behind in the polls. You claim to be "neither side." But you are blaming "Kamala and Joe" for "making it political" and completely ignoring trump's actions leading up to that. 

I am saying they played a part in it. Just as I said Trump and Fauci bombed at the onset. Both administrations made the pandemic political. 

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why am I not surprised that Republicans are trying to politicize this?

The vaccines were approved in December of 2020.  Joe and Kamala got theirs in December after the scientists said it was safe.

Literally everyone who got them got them when the scientist said they were safe because you couldnt get them until the scientist said they were safe....

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

I am saying they played a part in it. Just as I said Trump and Fauci bombed at the onset. Both administrations made the pandemic political. 

If you are still claiming the evidence of Joe and Kamala doing this is their comments about not taking it if Trump says it's safe.....you're failing.

Literally everyone who got them got them when the scientist said they were safe because you couldnt get them until the scientist said they were safe....

You literally are twisting what Kamala said for political reasons.

• Plus1 2

I must have missed all the scorn you've heaped on the guy who started it being political in the first place...

49 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

So you can't honestly say that you would have taken the vaccine prior to any of the trials being completed. 

Hmmmm…I wonder how they completed trials if no one would take the vaccine prior to a trial completion.   Phase II and III trials  with a patient N of zero?   Interesting 

41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The vaccines were approved in December of 2020.

Authorized 

• Plus1 2

I kinda jump in and out of here from time to time, but seeing as how this is a subject that I'm quite passionate about, let me throw my two cents in, here...

The former President of the United States has an aversion to sensible, safe, effective, scientific study in the field of vaccination and public health measures. 

This is what he did most of January and February of 2020:

Jan. 22, 2020 “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
Jan. 24, 2020 Trump praises China’s handling of the coronavirus: “China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”
Jan. 28, 2020 “This will be the biggest national security threat you face in your presidency...This is going to be the roughest thing you face" Trump’s National Security Advisor to Trump
Jan. 30, 2020 "The lack of immune protection or an existing cure or vaccine would leave Americans defenseless in the case of a full-blown coronavirus outbreak on US soil,...This lack of protection elevates the risk of the coronavirus evolving into a full-blown pandemic, imperiling the lives of millions of Americans.” [Memo from Trump Trade Advisor Peter Navarro]
Feb. 2, 2020 “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
Feb. 7, 2020 “It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu... This is deadly stuff” [Trump in a private interview with Bob Woodward from The Washington Post made public on Sept. 9, 2020]
Feb. 10, 2020 “I think the virus is going to be—it’s going to be fine.”
Feb. 10, 2020 “Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”
Feb. 24, 2020 “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… the Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
Feb. 25, 2020 “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
Feb. 25, 2020 “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
Feb. 26, 2020 “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
Feb. 26, 2020 “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
Feb. 26, 2020 “Well, we're testing everybody that we need to test. And we're finding very little problem. Very little problem.”
Feb. 26, 2020 "This is a flu. This is like a flu."
Feb. 27, 2020 “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

Mind you, while the former president was making his statement on Jan 24, 2020, my wife was hospitalized with chills, low grade fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste and smell, light fluid on the lungs - all while she was going through chemotherapy for breast cancer.  The former President was hospitalized himself with COVID in October of 2020, and probably knew he had it no less than a few days prior - after exposing everyone at the Debates to COVID as well.

The first REPORTED COVID Death was March 2nd, 2020, but we know that deaths attributed to COVID happened weeks prior to this.  So the true toll of this deadly disease may be vastly understated.

So - anybody that tries to come with some smoke about ANYBODY being critical about the former President - just look at this list, and then remember the number 606,618.  That is the current number of people who have died because of lies, laziness, ineptitude, arrogance, and sheer and utter stupidity with one man leading the group.

It was like he was in charge of a group on the Oregon Trail, was left a ton of provisions by the folks who paved the way for him before, but he then said, "I don't like the last guy, so I'm getting rid of ALL those provisions, cause, Obama."  Then, he started on the trail in Independence, Missouri (ironically, the birthplace of Harry Truman, who said, "The Buck Stops Here.."),  got 1/2 way to Oregon, and most everybody but his people died of....dysentery because he brought more clothing on the trip than food and other needed items.  His people get rescued and taken to Oregon, and he blames the whole thing on the Store Keeper (who tried to advise him), the former Leader (who left him provisions), and everyone else.

image.png.56d5e8f9bf9bca6d6b03a9bcabf5bced.png

• Thanks 4