The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Nope, it's a Vail Resorts policy.  Same thing with Alterra in places like Winter Park and Eldora.

Do you think these are places will keep that vaccination mandate in place for the foreseeable future (meaning 2-5 years).  I’ve been wondering this lately.  The science behind transmission most likely won’t change and many believe Covid will be an endemic disease much like the flu.   If places like these with a current vaccine mandate, they should never get rid of it as long as Covid is around to any extent.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, Archy1221 said:

Do you think these are places will keep that vaccination mandate in place for the foreseeable future (meaning 2-5 years).  I’ve been wondering this lately.  The science behind transmission most likely won’t change and many believe Covid will be an endemic disease much like the flu.   If places like these with a current vaccine mandate, they should never get rid of it as long as Covid is around to any extent.  

I do not believe they will keep it in place.  If NYC is getting rid of it, I don't see how anywhere else would hold on.

1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Boulder county voted to end their mask mandate effective 5pm on Friday for all indoor settings, K-12, and early child care centers.  I think that means no county in CO has one anymore going into the weekend.

Sweet!!!  I am up for a job in a Bolder-based company, and one of the things I was somewhat concerned about was Boulder's mask mandate.  Not that it would drive me to not take the job (if offered), but just thinking it would be an annoyance of working in Boulder.

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Sweet!!!  I am up for a job in a Bolder-based company, and one of the things I was somewhat concerned about was Boulder's mask mandate.  Not that it would drive me to not take the job (if offered), but just thinking it would be an annoyance of working in Boulder.

Yes, it's about to be scratched off the list of other things annoying about working in Boulder

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

My son's college made sure we all knew they weren't dropping the mask mandate anytime soon.  I know parents have asked what are the parameters of dropping it.

My son has worm a mask his entire college career.

They have to be vaccinated and boosted to be on campus.  Everybody.

The masks have to be an N95.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Crusader Husker said:

My son's college made sure we all knew they weren't dropping the mask mandate anytime soon.  I know parents have asked what are the parameters of dropping it.

There are a few diseases I’d be worried about as a hot blooded college kid living on campus. Covid would be low on the list. 

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I don’t get the constant masking if they are vaccinated and boosted?   They are young, which puts them in the lowest risk category, add in the vaccine, and they a what.009% chance of dying?  Craziness

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t get the constant masking if they are vaccinated and boosted?   They are young, which puts them in the lowest risk category, add in the vaccine, and they a what.009% chance of dying?  Craziness

College professors.  Old ones, the same ones that can't figure out how to teach remotely too.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I think it's mostly about the older teachers and staff who are forced to be in close proximity with these immortal young people. 

Either that or it's about the most litigious parents on any campus. 

3 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

f#&% that.  I mean, I get it and I would wear one in class if I was in college and I had to...I that would be it.  Just in class.

And at theme parties.