The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

37 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

This looks like a pretty reasonable triage (yes it's sad we have to start to think about this in some states). This guide will take patients that likely won't make it out of the ICU, and patients that even if cured of COVID, will die from another underlying condition within a year. Don't get me wrong, everyone should be entitled to the level of care they desire, but having worked in ICUs, there are far too many people who we use extreme levels of care on - and it's painfully obvious to the caregivers that the patient quality of life is terrible - and the patient likely won't make it out of the hospital, let alone the ICU. 

Completely understand and don't disagree, just necessary to point out the hypocrisy. 

EDIT: And the necessity for triage is self-incflicted. 

• Plus1 1

There needs to be a HUGE educational push on masks. I keep hearing conversations where people are saying....”if I’m not scared of getting the virus, why do I need to wear one?”  I’ve even heard health professionals say this. 

THATS NOT f#&%ING WHY YOU WEAR ONE!!!!!

you wear a mask to protect others...not yourself. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

There needs to be a HUGE educational push on masks. I keep hearing conversations where people are saying....”if I’m not scared of getting the virus, why do I need to wear one?”  I’ve even heard health professionals say this. 

THATS NOT f#&%ING WHY YOU WEAR ONE!!!!!

you wear a mask to protect others...not yourself. 

One of our local cancer Docs who enjoys a stellar reputation among his patients/former patients and is very well liked, is not wearing a mask unless, and only when, he is in Clinic or on rounds. I have seen him several times in public/not working, and he never has a mask on...:confucius

7 minutes ago, QMany said:

Boy, that sounds like someone posting a lot in the "Will there be Football" thread.

Of COURSE the experts are wrong. They didn't have the exact right answers immediately when this thing started, so I'm going to ignore them.

Nevermind that every other country's experts were similarly on a learning curve, and like Fauci adapted as more information came in. But those countries listened to their experts, while our politicians and their nimrod sycophants are just going to keep doing whatever they want.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't know how many Trump supports or COVID skeptics still lurk around here, or if they would reject a Washington Post article out of hand, but there is now empirical evidence that the opposite of what they claim is true:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/media/the-data-is-in-fox-news-may-have-kept-millions-from-taking-the-coronavirus-threat-seriously/2020/06/26/60d88aa2-b7c3-11ea-a8da-693df3d7674a_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Uh oh. 

I love it when tweets like these are embedded on sites. This is a very small study and of course he mentions T cells in a separate tweet. Partial truths one tweet at a time.