The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 minutes ago, commando said:

what if the states hadn't fought the vax mandate and people had complied.   we would have herd immunity now thanks to a national government action.  but since the states are determined to keep this thing going here we are.

Is your argument that whatever the president says...the people should have to do?

I am guessing that is not what you are saying, right?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Is your argument that whatever the president says...the people should have to do?

I am guessing that is not what you are saying, right?

i am saying the republicans stopped the presidents mandate.   and vax mandates have been done in the past so not sure why this one puts a burr under everyones saddle.   

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, commando said:

i am saying the republicans stopped the presidents mandate.   and vax mandates have been done in the past so not sure why this one puts a burr under everyones saddle.   

So you don't think the people should have to listen to whatever the President says?

Personally, I think we should have a vax mandate, I thought you did as well.

Also, is any country "out of this mess" that you know of?  I don't follow the world stage about it, someone posted that NZ was a f#&%ing mess but that could be wrong.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I think "mess" overstates it a bit - NZ is still outperforming many if not most countries.  They are having a "spike" now vs. where they were a few months ago but they've had a TOTAL of ~13,000 cases and only 50 deaths TOTAL.

don't they have a population of like 6 million?  On a remote island for the most part?  

And I agree, that does not sound like a mess, it was just what got posted.

9 minutes ago, commando said:

what?  

Do you or do you not think that they people of the US should listen to what the President says?

Yes or no?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
26 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Do you or do you not think that they people of the US should listen to what the President says?

Yes or no?

you say there should be a vax mandate...but people should not listen to the president.   how are you defining vax mandate?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, commando said:

you say there should be a vax mandate...but people should not listen to the president.   how are you defining vax mandate?

No, I am asking you if YOU think people should listen to the President, do you?

I am 100% for vax mandates.  I also think people should listen to the President.  

How?  I am normal...I am not a robot that is afraid to agree with someone that I "don't like"

So, i will ask again, should people listen to the President. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No, I am asking you if YOU think people should listen to the President, do you?

I am 100% for vax mandates.  I also think people should listen to the President.  

How?  I am normal...I am not a robot that is afraid to agree with someone that I "don't like"

So, i will ask again, should people listen to the President. 

people should usually listen to the president.   not sure how you got to that from my original post.  the time to stop listening to a president is when he habitually lies and is a known con man

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, commando said:

people should usually listen to the president.   not sure how you got to that from my original post.  the time to stop listening to a president is when he habitually lies and is a known con man

I agree!

How many lies until we should stop listening?  10? 20? 100?  Give me an idea.  

I am one of those people that thinks that once you lie...you are a liar.  So for instance, I am a liar because I have lied before. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, teachercd said:

I agree!

How many lies until we should stop listening?  10? 20? 100?  Give me an idea.  

I am one of those people that thinks that once you lie...you are a liar.  So for instance, I am a liar because I have lied before. 

how about when you are banned from running a charity because you embezzled funds from there?   or have your university shut down and have to pay millions of $ to settle.   sounds like a fair place to start

• Plus1 1

how about when you are banned from running a charity because you embezzled funds from there?   or have your university shut down and have to pay millions of $ to settle.   sounds like a fair place to start

Sure, I think that is a great start!  I also 100% agree with you!

So which Presidents, in our lifetime, so probably Jimmy Carter to the present, are the ones we should have listened to because they did not lie?

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Sure, I think that is a great start!  I also 100% agree with you!

So which Presidents, in our lifetime, so probably Jimmy Carter to the present, are the ones we should have listened to because they did not lie?

so you don't listen to anyone?    most of them had mostly good qualities.   some had their indiscretions (my lifetime started with JFK)   but the biggest offender by far was(is) trump.   nixon as 2nd worst offender.   

• Plus1 1

so you don't listen to anyone?    most of them had mostly good qualities.   some had their indiscretions (my lifetime started with JFK)   but the biggest offender by far was(is) trump.   nixon as 2nd worst offender.   

Good lord,  you think JFK was a good guy????????  That is AWESOME!  I agree with you that I liked him as well (I was not alive but good lord that dude knew how to party!). Or do you just mean you have no idea about JFK and his horrible/amazing family because you were a kid?

And again, I I said I listen to them all, even though they are all liars.  You are the one that said you pick and choose which liars to listen to listen to.  

I have never, in my life, done anything against what the President said "was best"  as far as I know.

• Fire 1