The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t really care who’s watch it happened on.  Though I don’t think Biden developed Omicron :dunno.  Could be wrong, though doubtful.  Remember he thinks the national government can’t do anything and it’s up to the States. 

didn't several states pass laws blocking the national effort?  doesn't that leave it up to the states by their choice?

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s ironic who is actually accusing you of trolling. 

I don't troll...I am honest.  Always have been.

You know who trolls?  Liars.  

2 minutes ago, commando said:

didn't several states pass laws blocking the national effort?  doesn't that leave it up to the states by their choice?

No clue...but if the President says it, you (like you said) and me get it.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, commando said:

what if the states hadn't fought the vax mandate and people had complied.   we would have herd immunity now thanks to a national government action.  but since the states are determined to keep this thing going here we are.

When you say 'herd immunity', do you mean people would not be testing positive for Omicron in the numbers that they are now?

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

When you say 'herd immunity', do you mean people would not be testing positive for Omicron in the numbers that they are now?

as i understand it that is what the theory behind herd immunity says.   the virus would have a much tougher time moving to new hosts if 85% or so of us  had a resistance to it

Here's where we are at with this stupid f#&%ing OSHA mandate.

As it sits now, January 10th, all employees of a company over 100 employees must be tested weekly if they are not vaccinated.   This weekend, I was looking for test kits for someone.  I couldn't find any.  They finally found some kits in a town next door, but they were the only ones the drug store had.  Nobody knows when they will get more.

Prior to coming to work on January 10th, all these people need tested unless they get vaxed.  Sorry, one hell of a lot of these people are not going to get vaxed.  They have drank the crap koolade too much.  Just in my small town, I am guessing 1000 people will need tested weekly.  That's a town of under 5,000.  

So, what are employees supposed to do if they can't find kits?  What is an employer supposed to do if their employees can't get tested?

This is one big cluster f#&% and I'm praying the SCOTUS comes through and sees it that way too.  This is one time I'm glad we have a conservative majority. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, commando said:

as i understand it that is what the theory behind herd immunity says.   the virus would have a much tougher time moving to new hosts if 85% or so of us  had a resistance to it

Omicron is surging through even highly vaccinated regions in the US currently (places like Vermont, New Hampshire, etc).  This variant is not having a tough time moving through anything.  Vaccination is helping to keep the medical burden down though, which is the important thing.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Omicron is surging through even highly vaccinated regions in the US currently (places like Vermont, New Hampshire, etc).  This variant is not having a tough time moving through anything.  Vaccination is helping to keep the medical burden down though, which is the important thing.

so it is doing the most important part of it's job.   

40 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Yup, the GOP certainly isn't responsible for an untold number of deaths and devastation in this country. No sir, not at all. The real evil in this country is CRT and School Boards.

How any rational adult can listen to that and not think “WTF” makes me more than nervous.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

How any rational adult can listen to that and not think “WTF” makes me more than nervous.

I have a hard to believing even Russian Ron believes what he's saying.  He can't possibly be that stupid, can he?  So what's his motivation?  I wonder ;)

• Plus1 3

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/nyc-er-doc-breaks-down-how-omicron-affects-the-boosted-vaxxed-and-unvaccinated/3468742/%3famp

"Every patient I’ve seen with Covid that’s had a 3rd ‘booster’ dose has had mild symptoms. By mild I mean mostly sore throat. Lots of sore throat. Also some fatigue, maybe some muscle pain. No difficulty breathing. No shortness of breath. All a little uncomfortable, but fine," Spencer wrote.

From there, it goes downhill - slowly, though.

"Most patients I’ve seen that had 2 doses of Pfizer/Moderna still had ‘mild’ symptoms, but more than those who had received a third dose. More fatigued. More fever. More coughing. A little more miserable overall. But no shortness of breath. No difficulty breathing. Mostly fine," he said.

For those who just had the one shot of the J&J vaccine and never took a booster, the situation isn't as good.

"Most patients I’ve seen that had one dose of J&J and had Covid were worse overall. Felt horrible. Fever for a few days (or more). Weak, tired. Some shortness of breath and cough. But not one needing hospitalization. Not one needing oxygen. Not great. But not life-threatening," he tweeted.

And then there are the unvaccinated, who by all data are being hospitalized at a rate 15x or more the vaccinated.

"And almost every single patient that I’ve taken care of that needed to be admitted for Covid has been unvaccinated. Every one with profound shortness of breath. Every one whose oxygen dropped when they walked. Every one needing oxygen to breath regularly," he said.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1