The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

4 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Because untreated mental illness and cult-like brainwashing is a hell of a thing to overcome. 

Oh, and there's substantial profit in keeping the (willfully) ignorant plied. 

Great find, and thanks. 

I'll say it before, and I'll say it again--at this point, if you choose to not be vaccinated and can be vaccinated, people shouldn't be admitted to a hospital bed or receive treatment. They can go home and try their luck with horse paste and drinking bleach at this point--I have zero sympathy for these Herman Cain wannabes. 

Maybe when they start seeing their colleagues die off due to their (willful) ignorance, they'll wisen up, get vaccinated, and quit being morons (about COVID). 

Here's my question - what do you think that sweet spot number is?  Of friends/family who get sick?  Who die?

The healthcare professionals in my area are dealing with patients in the ICU who are going on a vent and are yelling "it's not covid".  Guess what - I say discharge them, give them all the crap they think will treat their "not covid" sickness and save the bed for someone who is truly sick and values medical advice and treatment.

And for those who say that other health issues are also "controllable" talk to me when smoking/obesity/diabetes is something that can be passed along person to person in the air.  

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

As long as your consistent with the fat asses, type 2 diabetics, and smokers then we are all good with this. 

are you conflating those with a contagious disease?  when a fat person walks by you are you catching obesity from them?    do you get diabetes from someone sitting next to you at the game?    2nd hand smoke is real...i will give you that 1.

• Plus1 3
6 hours ago, NM11046 said:

when china stops letting people go to the US/when all the infected mexicans stop crossing the border/

When did he say either of the two statements would end Covid like you insinuate?  Simply not true.   

He did say that illegals are bringing Covid in (true statement).   But never said Covid would end once they stopped or once Chinese didn’t come over.  

and even though he knew it, refused to say anything in favor of the vaccine until last week.

This is a blatantly false statement.  Question for you is why lie about it?  Trump says enough dumb and goofy stuff that you don’t really need to make it up:dunno

He has always been very public about his feelings that children don't get that sick, thus they should not be vaccinated.

When did he say kids shouldn’t be vaccinated?  Seems like another made up story. 

5 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Correction, hospitalizations less than half of last winter's wave***

I wonder how many hospitalizations are still from previous Delta infections? 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, commando said:

are you conflating those with a contagious disease?  when a fat person walks by you are you catching obesity from them?    do you get diabetes from someone sitting next to you at the game?    2nd hand smoke is real...i will give you that 1.

No, I’m telling you they take up lots and lots and lots of hospital resources similar to the complaint from a different poster.  And it’s a choice they are making taking those resources away from someone else apparently.    

Will we not treat future flu patients if they haven’t received a flu vaccine? Will we treat cervical cancer and anal cancer patients if they haven’t received the HPV vaccine?  

BTW…How do you not know that you can’t catch fatness or diabetes from someone else?  It’s crazy you had to ask those two questions.  

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Here's my question - what do you think that sweet spot number is?  Of friends/family who get sick?  Who die?

The healthcare professionals in my area are dealing with patients in the ICU who are going on a vent and are yelling "it's not covid".  Guess what - I say discharge them, give them all the crap they think will treat their "not covid" sickness and save the bed for someone who is truly sick and values medical advice and treatment.

And for those who say that other health issues are also "controllable" talk to me when smoking/obesity/diabetes is something that can be passed along person to person in the air.  

Don’t hospitals already tell drinkers and smokers they are at the bottom of transplant lists?

I don’t see why COVID treatment needs to be different.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Don’t hospitals already tell drinkers and smokers they are at the bottom of transplant lists?

I actually talked to some medical ethics folks about this - transplant lists are done by a scoring system and indeed smoking and drinking would take points off your score so they'd play into a number of factors considered when a set of organs come up.

With regard to the covid situation - right now they're working with they have to first "provide medical care to all during  a disaster".  They triage as usual with sickest patients getting fastest care etc.  The only time they might be able to start considering vaccination status would be for vents or if other medical needs are in demand and running out.  I don't know if transplant lists have been rewritten to include vaccination status during the damage to the organ.

If you want to understand the history of this sort of issue,  trial called the "God Study" looking at a panel that made decisions about who would get dialysis.  It's why things are the way they are now.

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/forefront.20091130.002998/full/

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I mean, the people with the best chance of getting better, no matter the illness, should get treatment first.  

Treat it like a wartime battlefield.  

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, the people with the best chance of getting better, no matter the illness, should get treatment first.  

Treat it like a wartime battlefield.  

I agree.  But if Hawkeye only has the chance to save one gunshot victim in the MASH unit, I think the easy choice is to perform surgery on the soldier who was shot trying to save his unit (I’m talking soldier buddies) vs the guy that went AWOL and got shot.

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I agree.  But if Hawkeye only has the chance to save one gunshot victim in the MASH unit, I think the easy choice is to perform surgery on the soldier who was shot trying to save his unit (I’m talking soldier buddies) vs the guy that went AWOL and got shot.

Oh man, a MASH reset?!

You are either 15 years old than I thought or you just love Alan Alda! 

15 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This is the political party that's going to dominate elections for the foreseeable future. We've got to the point where we have to stop taking it seriously, it's unfortunate that it's even regarded as a viable option when it so clearly isn't. 

the house GOP is saying the vaccines don't work.  interesting