The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

You said that it's starting to trend upwards and that's what I said is incorrect.  You then say that you WERE correct, but then contradict yourself in the same post.

I guess we're ridiculously arguing semantics today. I said "starting to trend upwards" and "Deaths recently went up but there isn't enough data to establish a long-term trend.", which are not contradictory statements. In fact "starting to trend upwards" and "recently went up" are complementary statements. But just to be clear, I'm saying that deaths went up but we don't have enough data yet to know if that's the beginning of a spike or not. As you point out, there's been a flat region in the death rate, which could mean that we're not going to see a spike.

Regardless, the point I was making is that there's still uncertainty about omicron and what the immediate impacts might be for different cities, so it's completely understandable that what makes sense for Lincoln, NE might not be what makes sense for Chicago and vice versa.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Are we almost getting to the very first ever "You know what I was wrong" post on HB?!?!?!

Myself and others have admitted to being wrong in the past, so definitely wouldn't be the first time.

16 hours ago, funhusker said:

What about J&J along with the Pfizer booster?

This is what the newsletter said...

CDC recommends mRNA Vaccines over J&J

The CDC is also recommending mRNA COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) over J&J/Janssen. Growing data indicates mRNA COVID-19 vaccines are safer and more effective. However, for those unable to receive the mRNA COVID vaccines, the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine is still considered safe and effective, compared to no vaccination at all.

Members who received the J&J/Janssen vaccine are encouraged to receive a booster shot of an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) after two months to ensure maximum protection from COVID-19 and its variants.

I guess it wasn't as negative towards J&J as I took it to be. But still not a glowing endorsement.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
28 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This is what the newsletter said...

CDC recommends mRNA Vaccines over J&J

The CDC is also recommending mRNA COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) over J&J/Janssen. Growing data indicates mRNA COVID-19 vaccines are safer and more effective. However, for those unable to receive the mRNA COVID vaccines, the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine is still considered safe and effective, compared to no vaccination at all.

Members who received the J&J/Janssen vaccine are encouraged to receive a booster shot of an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) after two months to ensure maximum protection from COVID-19 and its variants.

I guess it wasn't as negative towards J&J as I took it to be. But still not a glowing endorsement.

This my situation, glad to hear.

I got JandJ back in March through work and I got a Pfizer booster last month.

19 hours ago, teachercd said:

Okay, zero people would deny that this woman should be executed and/or get life in prison, right?  I mean...even the biggest nuts that post here would agree. 

Karen be trippin’. She didn’t have HER mask on for that whole ordeal. I was hoping that guy would just blast her with an uppercut after she hit him. He was more reserved than I would’ve been.