The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 hours ago, jaws said:

I wonder how many people are scared of needles and hide behind their politics. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-58086377

I also wonder how many more people would take the vaccine if it was in a pill form. 

My brother-in-law basically passes out if he is in a hospital or doctors office for any period of time. He won't admit it but it seems as if he is afraid of needles as well. 

I know people who won't get the vaccine because they are scared of needles.  One is a tough guy ex college wrestler.

Except those 30% unvaxed (higher depending on the state) go maskless and can infect children who can't yet get shots, those who are vaccinated but are immunocompromised and at high risk for infection, and those who are vaxcinated.

I'm actually over trying to make ignorant, selfish people understand that their arrogance and stubborness is killing people.  You really have to be monumentally stupid or just brainwashed to not get it.

• Plus1 3

21 hours ago, jaws said:

I wonder how many people are scared of needles and hide behind their politics. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-58086377

I also wonder how many more people would take the vaccine if it was in a pill form. 

My brother-in-law basically passes out if he is in a hospital or doctors office for any period of time. He won't admit it but it seems as if he is afraid of needles as well. 

My son is afraid of needles and fully admits it. He got the shot anyway after a lot of complaining and angst. I suspect passive aggressive razzing from his twin brother put him over the edge.

• Plus1 1

I get the fatigue. I've read numerous articles about omicron. The one thing they know is it spreads like wildfire. One expert even went as far as to say "We all have a date with Omicron". Talked it over with my wife. We have two littles that can't be vaxxed, they still go to daycare because we still have to go to work. So what the hell are we suppose to do, skip Christmas with family we haven't seen in 2 years? Skip having a beer with buddies I haven't seen in two years? For what? Just to get Omicron one week later from daycare or the hospital we work at? I understood the mitigation tactics early on, but the cat is out of the bag now. 

• Plus1 4
27 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I get the fatigue. I've read numerous articles about omicron. The one thing they know is it spreads like wildfire. One expert even went as far as to say "We all have a date with Omicron". Talked it over with my wife. We have two littles that can't be vaxxed, they still go to daycare because we still have to go to work. So what the hell are we suppose to do, skip Christmas with family we haven't seen in 2 years? Skip having a beer with buddies I haven't seen in two years? For what? Just to get Omicron one week later from daycare or the hospital we work at? I understood the mitigation tactics early on, but the cat is out of the bag now. 

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

uo9mqdyycz681.jpg

Think Knapplc just answered your question. Having full hospitals and reduced staff due to (among other things) Boomer retirements and staff tired of putting up with idiots that don't want to get vaccinated puts everyone in danger. 

How many stories have we heard about people having to wait and dying because all of the COVID patients gumming things up? And the overwhelming majority of these COVID patients being unvaccinated morons? 

I just had a family friend die at 52 the other day because of complications from COVID. He left behind a 16 year old son and 13 year old daughter. He had health issues and couldn't get vaccinated, but because he had to go to the hospital, he got COVID on top of his other issues, and it killed him. 

I'm tired of the lowest common denominator of people dragging our society and country down with them...all because they lack the intelligence and critical thought capacity to understand why they need to mask up and get their vaccinations. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3