The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

16 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Here's another killing her base

I'm glad she's not vaxxed.  I'd like to maybe introduce her to a room of fellow unvaxxed folks and have them spend the holidays together.  McCarthy won't do anything to reign her in, so perhaps being sick would.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NM11046 said:

I'm glad she's not vaxxed.  I'd like to maybe introduce her to a room of fellow unvaxxed folks and have them spend the holidays together.  McCarthy won't do anything to reign her in, so perhaps being sick would.

i think she would be irresponsible if she got it and continue to go around infecting people.    she might be ok.....but who knows about everyone she infects.    

11 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The dorks at the White House aren't in the Christmas spirit.

I'm not sure if you meant sarcasm here or not?

To speak to Clay's tweet - the WH isn't blaming the people for not following their protocols; they're noting that people are dying and life is upended because the unvaccinated have been too selfish to take action to prevent this thing from spiraling.  The protocols and mandates haven't' worked because 30% of this country refuses to follow them.  

It's cause and effect.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2

I think the answer is this...

Yes, any form of government would be perfect if everyone involved was doing the perfect thing for all the people all the time and if all the people agreed with those perfect ideas all the time.

Sadly that is what it is...Think of government like parenting.  Parents LOVE their kids, there is no favorite kid, they would do anything for their kids...yet even parents get pissed at their kids and "hate them" at times and yell at them and take their s#!t away and tell them "no" and so on.

I mean, if you do that to the people closest to you because it is "what is best for them" then you can see why all forms of governments run into issues...some more than others. 

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

But remember when Biden said he was gonna shut down the virus???  

Dude, if we're playing that game, remember when TFG said:

The coronavirus would weaken “when we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.”

“Coronavirus numbers are looking MUCH better, going down almost everywhere,” and cases are “coming way down.”

The pandemic is “fading away. It’s going to fade away.”

The pandemic is “getting under control.”

“99%” of COVID-19 cases are “totally harmless.”

“We now have the lowest Fatality (Mortality) Rate in the World.”

Mexico is partly to blame for COVID-19 surges

Children are “virtually immune” to COVID-19.

America is “rounding the corner” and “rounding the final turn” of the pandemic.

"What happens is, you get better” after being sick with COVID-19. “That's what happens: You get better and youre immune"

A CDC study shows that “85 percent of the people wearing masks catch” the virus.

“Cases are going up in the U.S. because we are testing far more than any other country.”

“I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? … It would be interesting to check that.” 

The coronavirus is “going to go away without a vaccine … and we’re not going to see it again, hopefully, after a period of time.”

And I'm tired of pasting so Ill stop here but there are hundreds more.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Some very odd behavior out of a lot of the GOP leadership. I can certainly understand being against a vaccine mandate, but to be THAT against the vaccine itself is very odd.

I don’t understand why people are trying to be so dead set against a vaccine either.  

• Plus1 1