The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colorado-governor-covid-19-emergency-over-fault-unvaccinated-sick

Gov. Jared Polis, a Democrat, declared in a new interview that the COVID-19 emergency is "over" and that he won’t be implementing another statewide mask mandate in response to the spread of the omicron variant, explaining that if people aren’t vaccinated at this point it’s their "own darn fault" if they get sick.

• Plus1 4

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, the vast majority of the people in hospitals and dying now are not vaccinated.

Have to say, I agree with Governor Polis.

Yup. I understand his frustration and desire to move on. I know lots of folks that are getting it now. That was not the case for me up until a couple months ago. Only 1 went to the hospital and she was vaccinated. She is Still struggling with lung issues. She Probably had unknown underlying conditions. She Would probably not be here had she not been vaccinated. I know two others that said the illness really sucked but they are recovering. Not sure if they were vaccinated. 

My wife has had three exposures in the last month where people she had direct contact with tested positive with symptoms within 3 days. No idea whether my wife got it. She has always tested negative with the home kits, so I assume not. Knock on wood I guess. For what it’s worth, one women that exposed her sat next to her in a meeting for 2 hours,  but that women was wearing a mask.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, the vast majority of the people in hospitals and dying now are not vaccinated.

Have to say, I agree with Governor Polis.

I agree.  I have zero empathy if someone gets sick now.  

The sad part is the effect it has on the health care system, and it's workers.  It will be interesting to see figures in a couple years regarding burn out, suicide rate, and career changes as well as non covid preventable deaths  (i.e.people who didn't get a breast cancer treatment because there were no beds and hospitals were limiting patients, or folks who had heart attacks or car accidents and had nowhere that was able to take them.)  And there's no way to measure how many unvaxxed are getting vaccinated, compliant folks sick.

And don't get me started about how the lack of uptake with the vaccine is going to impact variants ...

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, NM11046 said:

I agree.  I have zero empathy if someone gets sick now.  

The sad part is the effect it has on the health care system, and it's workers.  It will be interesting to see figures in a couple years regarding burn out, suicide rate, and career changes as well as non covid preventable deaths  (i.e.people who didn't get a breast cancer treatment because there were no beds and hospitals were limiting patients, or folks who had heart attacks or car accidents and had nowhere that was able to take them.)  And there's no way to measure how many unvaxxed are getting vaccinated, compliant folks sick.

And don't get me started about how the lack of uptake with the vaccine is going to impact variants ...

I'm starting to lose empathy for healthcare workers too when you look at the percentage of them that refuse to get vaccinated too.  I guess I have it for the few that are.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I'm starting to lose empathy for healthcare workers too when you look at the percentage of them that refuse to get vaccinated too.  I guess I have it for the few that are.

Really depends where you are I guess.  Here in the Northeast they lost their jobs if they didn't.  

The last solid numbers I heard were that more than 75% of healthcare workers were vaccinated in the US, so the majority are vaccinated.

Can't remember if you are in NE RBR?  I think Ricketts and the gang there have advocated for a different level of compliance to the CDC recommendation.