Covid-19 Legislation

1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

I'm not AOC.  Go ask her.  I don't see anything in there about people being insensitive.  I don't see anything about people being horrible.

And, my original comment on the tweet wasn't aimed at anyone.  It was about AOCs tweet.  

57 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Then explain the reasoning for AOC's tweet.  To me, the only reason for it is to try to claim the people who are investing are horrible for a) doing it and b) having the ability to do it.

So, please explain.

She's not attacking the individuals who are participating in the system, she's attacking the system.

It's like when you describe how the two party system in America is bad. You're not attacking the individual people who are members of the two parties, you're attacking the system itself.

38 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Yes, but instead of addressing what she said, you address things she didn't say.  Like Don Quixote, sword fighting windmills.

You have a habit of this and it would help if you approached these discussions in a different manner than spinning hyperbole and constructing straw men to attack.

What is she saying?

15 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

How is this different than what I've been saying about AOC's tweet?

This is nothing more than class warfare and it's taking two things that really are no where close to as related as people think and demonizing investors.  

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

It's encouraging, but let's wait and see what they actually propose.

I agree, and still stick to the slow but steady approach. I think one of the reasons AOC catches such flack is because of a (perceived) 

"all or nothing" approach

AOC is smart and worded that tweet with care.  She knows exactly what she was saying without saying it.  BRB cracked the code.

It might as well read "If you are investing right now and trying to make a profit, you are just as bad as the Vanderbilts and Carnegies were"

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I agree, and still stick to the slow but steady approach. I think one of the reasons AOC catches such flack is because of a (perceived) 

"all or nothing" approach

I think her youth also rubs some people the wrong way, telling experienced people what to do & how to do it when she doesn't have their experience. But I think she's got some decent ideas. She's still just a congressional n00b. She needs some time to learn how to approach people.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

AOC is smart and worded that tweet with care.  She knows exactly what she was saying without saying it.  BRB cracked the code.

It might as well read "If you are investing right now and trying to make a profit, you are just as bad as the Vanderbilts and Carnegies were"

Or BRB is putting words in her mouth in order to argue against a strawman instead of addressing what she actually said.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Or BRB is putting words in her mouth in order to argue against a strawman instead of addressing what she actually said.

I mean...we could just take her tweet and then all of her tweets and literally just accept them word for word.  But I don't think that would end well for her.

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I've asked for an interpretation and haven't received one.  Then, you post a video of someone basically saying what I claim AOC is saying.

So...if I'm wrong, enlighten me.