Police Reform

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The piece of s#!t should have been defeated and thrown in the trash heap of history in the last election. 

The FBI person Lee was talking to at the hearing doesn’t actually get elected.   

I know…..you were referencing Lee.   Does your hatred for him mean you don’t agree that the FBI is constantly abusing its power and needs to reined in willfully, or have Congress do it for them?  

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The FBI person Lee was talking to at the hearing doesn’t actually get elected.   

I know…..you were referencing Lee.   Does your hatred for him mean you don’t agree that the FBI is constantly abusing its power and needs to reined in willfully, or have Congress do it for them?  

The FBI is no different than regular police departments.  The vast majority of what they do is good and help keep people safe.  There have been times throughout history where police, FBI and CIA...etc. have done things that are bad.  That should be monitored, investigated and dealt with when found.

However, I fail to have faith that this particular person is anywhere close to qualified to do that....along with many in his party.

Another example.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:
12 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The FBI is no different than regular police departments.  The vast majority of what they do is good and help keep people safe.  There have been times throughout history where police, FBI and CIA...etc. have done things that are bad.  That should be monitored, investigated and dealt with when found.

Do you even know what the hearing was about?   Or the abuses the FBI has taken advantage of with that program?  Or that both sides of the aisle has had problems with the FBI doing it, yet they still deauthorize anyway?

Once you get rid of your hatred of everything GOP no matter what it involves and begin to see things as they are, you will realize this wasn’t/isn’t a Mike Lee thing but an FBI abuse thing.  

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Do you even know what the hearing was about?   Or the abuses the FBI has taken advantage of with that program?  Or that both sides of the aisle has had problems with the FBI doing it, yet they still deauthorize anyway?

Once you get rid of your hatred of everything GOP no matter what it involves and begin to see things as they are, you will realize this wasn’t/isn’t a Mike Lee thing but an FBI abuse thing.  

We have a party that is actively promoting the idea of tearing down the FBI and DOJ in large part because their cult leader just got arrested.  That party should not be taken serious when discussing holding the FBI accountable.  Once they rid themselves of Trumpism and become a serious conservative party, they then can be taken serious on the issue.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

And...I don't hate everything Republican.  There are a few very good and principled Republicans that have stood up to Trumpism and fought against it in the party.  I greatly appreciate their efforts.

those are the republicans that trumpers like Archy call RINOS

• TBH 3

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow

Those types of cases are bulls#!t and SCOTUS and/or the state Supreme Courts need to do something about it.   Being able to steal someone’s property like that doesn’t fit what our judicial system is supposed to be about.   I can’t imagine how I would feel in I were the guy who was featured in that piece.  

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Those types of cases are bulls#!t and SCOTUS and/or the state Supreme Courts need to do something about it.   Being able to steal someone’s property like that doesn’t fit what our judicial system is supposed to be about.   I can’t imagine how I would feel in I were the guy who was featured in that piece.  

I'm at the age in my life where I would flat out say....f#&% YOU!!!!.  Then, my first call would be to a good friend of mine that's one of the top defense lawyers in the state.  Then, when I get my money back, I would sue their asses and make the entire thing very very public.  I'm close enough to retirement age that threatening me with a bogus felony charge pathetic.

The problem is, they do this to people that they know they can intimidate.

On 6/14/2023 at 6:25 AM, BigRedBuster said:

The big difference with the FBI is that it exists to handle cases that local police departments and governments can't, which includes corruption at local police departments and governments. For obvious reasons, local officials who have created local fiefdoms hate interference from the Feds. The FBI could be a powerful ally in fighting far right networks and would be terrorists, or the FBI could hound and blackmail people like Martin Luther King, Jr.  The CIA could be the voice of reason in Vietnam, warning the White House that North Vietnam was well equipped to outlast the U.S., or it could sanction the assassination of duly elected foreign leaders. Hell, they probably killed JFK.  Anyway, J. Edgar Hoover is dead and oversight is considerably better these days, but I guess our trust in the motives of powerful intelligence agencies is always going to waver per our political leanings.  

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...