The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Dems kept Bernie out.  

My friend is a hardcore Dem.  We had a conversation in te summer of 2016.  He said if Hilary loses it would be because she is arrogant.

A great article in the Atlantic, I think??, stated that people on the ground in Wisconsin, Penn, and Michigan were telling her she was losing.  She said told them they didn't know what they were talking about...they did.

The Clinton campaign most definitely took some of their blue states for granted. I believe Hillary did not even set foot in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, choosing to put it all on Ohio. 

The DNC was all in for Hillary and all out knives for Bernie. Hillary ran a poor campaign and the Comey announcement erased her double-digit lead overnight. Trying to figure what this says about America, I almost forgot that Hillary won by 3 million votes. 

44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah….one part of the constitution is more important. 

Got it. 

Got what? You are saying something I never said.   You also claim that what is going on in CO and Maine is constitutional.   That is up for interpretation and the ultimate judicial body hasn’t ruled on it:thumbs

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
On 12/29/2023 at 5:28 AM, Scarlet said:

Two of our country's preeminent constitutional experts consider the Colorado ruling "brilliant".  Neither could be considered particularly partisan.  Luttig is very conservative and Katyal voiced support for both Gorsuch and Kavanaugh..  This is worth taking 15 minutes to watch.  

If the US Supreme Court takes this up and upholds it, then it is what it is. I think that would create an opening for states to do this in other cases. If swing states do it, then what? Election boards and judges decide who is president?

• TBH 3
7 minutes ago, nic said:

If the US Supreme Court takes this up and upholds it, then it is what it is. I think that would create an opening for states to do this in other cases. If swing states do it, then what? Election boards and judges decide who is president?

Let all of them keep candidates off the ballot who incited an insurrection.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 3
20 minutes ago, nic said:

didn't the courts decide the 2020 election?   

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Let all of them keep candidates off the ballot who incited an insurrection.

Or those that have open border policies that go against one of the few tenants the Fed Gov is supposed to control. 

41 minutes ago, commando said:

didn't the courts decide the 2020 election?   

No

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, nic said:

I don’t think you’re making the point well, but yes I suppose political judges could just say a candidate engaged in insurrection, if they want. Even if there was no evidence. I’m not sure what the next step would be after that.

Assuming the Supreme Court disallows this, will they say a conviction of insurrection be required?

• Worth a Look 1
On 12/29/2023 at 1:14 PM, Moiraine said:

What did the 4 judges do that you think they shouldn’t have? They didn’t create the lawsuit that came before them. Do you think the argument that Trump engaged in insurrection isn’t strong enough for the decision they made? 

I think I answered this in another post. It seems like the DOJ should have convicted Trump of insurrection first, no?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election