The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, nic said:

She's the GOPs only shot to unseat said man in my opinion. I was looking forward to voting against him in the CO republican primary, but 4 idiot judges took that away. 

Two of our country's preeminent constitutional experts consider the Colorado ruling "brilliant".  Neither could be considered particularly partisan.  Luttig is very conservative and Katyal voiced support for both Gorsuch and Kavanaugh..  This is worth taking 15 minutes to watch.  

• TBH 1
35 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Two of our country's preeminent constitutional experts consider the Colorado ruling "brilliant".  Neither could be considered particularly partisan.  Luttig is very conservative and Katyal voiced support for both Gorsuch and Kavanaugh..  This is worth taking 15 minutes to watch.  

Good listen. But, I’m not convinced this Supreme Court will rule independently in favor of the constitution and against Trump.  

• TBH 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good listen. But, I’m not convinced this Supreme Court will rule independently in favor of the constitution and against Trump.  

with this court it's kind of like watching the Olympics back in the day and you hoped the Russian judges wouldn't tip the scale to far.

• TBH 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Probably not but the dissenting arguments were incredibly weak.  The Supreme Court is in a bind if they want to uphold the Constitution and the rule of law.

"So the dissents showed one thing clearly: The Colorado majority was right. I dare not predict what will happen next. But if Trump’s lawyers or any members of the United States Supreme Court want to overturn the decision, they’d better come up with something much, much stronger. And fast."

• Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Good interview.  I would think that if Colo has someone like these 2 guys arguing before the SC in support of their ban against Trump that the court should be able to see the reasonableness of the Colorado decision.   This is especially true if the 'original intent' crowd on the court rules using original intent.  It could be a case where the liberals on the court use original intent while all of a sudden judge Clarence Thomas runs with his hair on fire the other direction - kicking his belief in original intent to the curb for political expediency.   

The J6 insurrection is the lowest hanging fruit with the best video clips, but I wish people wouldn't make it the single disqualifier. It's really a sidebar to a much bigger story: unambiguous, from the horses mouth evidence that Donald Trump actively plotted and strategized overturning the election, interferring, manipulating and threatening various branches of government to lie and decieve the American public in an attempt to hold office like a third world dictator. Most of it was done within the confines of the electoral system, so an electoral-based punishment makes perfect sense. If you're a Supreme Court judge, the act of threatening various Secretaries of State to find you votes by any means necessary is a much clearer and actionable charge than parsing responsibility for a public riot. 

If January 6 had never happened, the case against Trump remains huge and unprecedented. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
15 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I don't know, man. I don't think it's unfounded or even radical to disallow a man trying to overthrow the democratic process from appearing on the ballot. And we haven't even gotten to the top secret document handling that earns others high treason charges. Or the felony tax evasion he's been dodging for years. Convicted felons can't vote in Colorado. I don't think criminal sheetheels should be allowed to run, either. 

If your vote would have helped Trump lose the Colorado primary, that would have been the better comeuppance. But that wasn't likely to happen. If you want to unseat him, treat the judges decision as good news. 

I don't need judges doing what they did. In Colorado we can vote to retain or not to retain judges. I have the names of 4 judges that, if given the opportunity, I will not vote to retain them. I have the names of 3 judges that I will vote to retain. All 7 are democrat appointed. 

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
Just now, nic said:

I don't need judges doing what they did. In Colorado we can vote to retain or not to retain judges. I have the names of 4 judges that, if given the opportunity, I will not vote to retain them. I have the names of 3 judges that I will vote to retain. All 7 are democrat appointed. 

It rarely generates the headlines, but the election of local judges probably affects our lives more than most other votes. DA, too. 

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election