The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

This is probably the biggest fallacy often repeated.    Just because one does not attend or finish college DOES NOT MAKE THEM UNEDUCATED.    And there are plenty of college educated, advanced degree educated rural voters.  Good lord :facepalm:

Really "educated" just means "bachelor's degree", it's really just a social science term, I'll try to be more clear on the future. 

9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Hmmmm…..by that logic, TX, GA, and AZ become more Democrat and Democrat candidates have a better chance to win them. 

Democrats certainly do have a chance, although more reliably in the future. Right now, I think the odds of Trump winning Wisconsin/Pennsylvania are much higher than Biden winning Texas. In future elections, that will change.

I believe, with mountains of evidence that purchasing power has been eroded over the course of these three years.  You choose to not believe that despite mountains of evidence. 

If you can point to specific Biden policies that support that view, you're free to provide it. Because the current reality is that purchasing power erosion has happened for a long time. 

Compares to peer countries, the United States is performing better on nearly all economic metrics. We're very fortunate.

You are saying there was no Obama—Trump voters in 2016?   You are saying there are zero voters who vote from Dem to R or vice versa?   

I issued a blanket statement to make a point. Yes, some voters do vote differently. But those voters make up a very small portion of the electorate.

Political campaigns don't focus on changing voters opinions - that's hard and doesn't work. They try to focus on engagement, getting their base to show up, and depressing their oppositions turnout.

8 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Is it early? Well it's not too early to be scared as f#&% for America. Claiming Biden should win easily is a bulls#!t prediction by someone pretending he's not on the wrong side of history. 

Bingo.

Look, I think people really struggle with the idea that Trump has a real chance at winning considering everything he's said and done. I get that, he's insane. But you should dramatically lower your expectations for what matters to the average American voter and what motivates their vote. Trump has a real chance of winning. 

7 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Really "educated" just means "bachelor's degree", it's really just a social science term, I'll try to be more clear on the future. 

Democrats certainly do have a chance, although more reliably in the future. Right now, I think the odds of Trump winning Wisconsin/Pennsylvania are much higher than Biden winning Texas. In future elections, that will change.

If you can point to specific Biden policies that support that view, you're free to provide it. Because the current reality is that purchasing power erosion has happened for a long time. 

Compares to peer countries, the United States is performing better on nearly all economic metrics. We're very fortunate.

I issued a blanket statement to make a point. Yes, some voters do vote differently. But those voters make up a very small portion of the electorate.

Political campaigns don't focus on changing voters opinions - that's hard and doesn't work. They try to focus on engagement, getting their base to show up, and depressing their oppositions turnout.

Bingo.

Look, I think people really struggle with the idea that Trump has a real chance at winning considering everything he's said and done. I get that, he's insane. But you should dramatically lower your expectations for what matters to the average American voter and what motivates their vote. Trump has a real chance of winning. 

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Can't mention slavery and has to mention stupid things like "states rights" because she risks losing huge swaths of the Southern Republican voting base.

Had she been in the south and got asked that question she would have been like "Oh, well it was a war of Northern Aggression!" and those NASCAR fans would have went crazy with their clapping.

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, teachercd said:

Things "normal" people care about, don't get mad, but that is like 95% of the population. 

Economy:  Cooking

Gas:  Cooking
Interest rates:  Sort of suck BUT trending down

No one cares about abortion anymore unless you are insane.  

No on really cares about the death penalty anymore  but we all agree that super creeps should be killed

You are looking at polls that are BEGGING you to click to BEG you to engage.  Stop.  Stop falling for it.

Don't take this the wrong way...but the media wants you to act like a 14 year old girl...and you are.  STOP.

Everything is fine.  JB is winning with ease and in 11 months, you can thank and hug me.  Deal? 

If JB wins with ease, I will thank and hug you. For sure. But there's a lot of stuff you really don't understand. You want things to be simple and obvious. They're just not. 

Polls are not about clicks and engagement. You're thinking about the people who repost them on social media then argue about them. Don't take this the wrong way, but people have a way of claiming one thing and doing something else and you're falling for it The inexact but revealing world of polling --- not to mention the real-world results --- confirms that many people believe America is going in the wrong direction -- despite all the good "cooking" -- and are willing to vote against the things Teachercd believes make obvious sense. 

If 95% of the population was normal that would be great. But at least 50% get the news from sources that insist the economy is not cooking, gas prices remain a burden, inflation is Joe Biden's fault, Donald Trump is being victimized, and the biggest issue facing the nation is the President's drug-addled son. They've already elected Donald Trump, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Bobert, Matt Gaetz, Louie Gohmert, Ted Cruz, Jim Jordan, Paul Gosar, and a law-wielding assortment of other people you would deem "not normal." And you want me to stop falling for it? 

Also there are multiple pollsters working as hired commissions by organizations of varied agendas. Their results differ slightly, but zero of them project Biden winning with ease. It's kinda funny how the only people telling Democrats "everything is fine" are the people who wouldn't really mind if the Democrats lose. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Here's the video of Haley saying the cause of the Civil War was about the freedom of what people could and couldn't do ...like own other people :facepalm:

"Muh freedoms"

Does she really believe this? Or has she just compiled bullet points on each subject to align with the generic MAGA voter her campaign intends to win over?  Is it actually risky for her to denounce slavery, or even mention it in a direct question about the Civil War?

I don't think the questioner is a prospective New Hampshire Republican voter -- sounds like a guy who wanted to trip her up in public. And he did. But this isn't a trick viral video. Nikki is neither quick on her feet or brimming with integrity. I thought maybe I could live with her if she meant the end of Trump, but she would likely spend her presidency proving herself to the MAGA base rather than distancing America from its extremism.  

12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Does she really believe this? Or has she just compiled bullet points on each subject to align with the generic MAGA voter her campaign intends to win over?  Is it actually risky for her to denounce slavery, or even mention it in a direct question about the Civil War?

I don't think the questioner is a prospective New Hampshire Republican voter -- sounds like a guy who wanted to trip her up in public. And he did. But this isn't a trick viral video. Nikki is neither quick on her feet or brimming with integrity. I thought maybe I could live with her if she meant the end of Trump, but she would likely spend her presidency proving herself to the MAGA base rather than distancing America from its extremism.  

Good points.  I too in listening to the question - (why do you ask a Civil War question in a NH primary?) thought it to be a 'gotcha' question.  And he got her.  She should have 

answered with either:

1. Ignored the question and state it was irrelevant to current discussions at large and specifically to NH and its voters.  This was really the only proper response IMHO. 

or

2. She should have said slavery off the top & leave it at that.   She could note that there were also states' rights issues involved, commerce clause issues, - however, those rights (in the southern viewpoint) did involve slavery - so either way - slavery was the correct response.  In today's world of hypersensitivity - she came across as tone deaf at best, or as a typical MAGA believer at worst.  She needlessly muddled up her answer by going full MAGA and leaving out the obvious.  She should be smarter than this. 

• TBH 1
20 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think she’s just angling to try to win South Carolina. Apparently unabashedly denouncing slavery is not an electoral winner there.

She just might be the John Kasich of this election cycle. I’d actually have much preferred him to her. He didn’t try to kowtow to the Trumpists at all.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

She just might be the John Kasich of this election cycle. I’d actually have much preferred him to her. He didn’t try to kowtow to the Trumpists at all.

:yeah x 1000     The GOP blew it big time and the country was damaged greatly when Kasich wasn't nominated in 2016.  

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I don’t care that the questioner isn’t a New Hampshire voter. It’s a national election and exposing her idiocy is perfectly fine. 

• Plus1 2
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election