The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

No one believes this but hardcore non/never Trumpers

Agreed

And Democrats have been happy to have those cases elevate Trump.  It’s what they hoped to happen knowing the other candidates would likely beat The Big Guy easily  

I think I speak for most Democrats in saying we would be overjoyed if Donald Trump went away forever, even if it meant a tougher match against Nikki Haley. 

You still haven't explained why the advantages of the incumbency and whackadoodle bleatings of Donald Trump translate into a big win for Biden, when what you like to call "evidence" still has Trump holding a small but horrifying lead that has trended upward during his criminal proceedings. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think I speak for most Democrats in saying we would be overjoyed if Donald Trump went away forever, even if it meant a tougher match against Nikki Haley. 

You still haven't explained why the advantages of the incumbency and whackadoodle bleatings of Donald Trump translate into a big win for Biden, when what you like to call "evidence" still has Trump holding a small but horrifying lead that has trended upward during his criminal proceedings. 

I mean, I did not think it would be close before and right now JB has it cooking.  

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Purchasing power has eroded since the election of Ronald Reagan more than 40 years ago. 

Savvy readers will note that the past three years align with an unprecented global pandemic and the global inflation that came with it. Mountains of evidence reveal that Joe Biden's America has emerged considerably better than allies and rivals of all political stripes. 

IIRC, you recently claimed gas prices were hardship for which Biden should be held accountable. Now that gas prices have declined, I'm sure we can count on your vote. 

Purchasing power has been on a steady downward trend since long before Reagan. 

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I mean, I did not think it would be close before and right now JB has it cooking.  

You can keep saying s#!t like this, but why? 

What is JB cooking? Seriously, what are you basing it on? Why do the polls clearly demonstrate otherwise, to the point that Democratic leadership is calling it a disaster? 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2023/12/27/donald-trump-stumbled-in-2022-how-is-he-leading-the-2024-race

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You can keep saying s#!t like this, but why? 

What is JB cooking? Seriously, what are you basing it on? Why do the polls clearly demonstrate otherwise, to the point that Democratic leadership is calling it a disaster? 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2023/12/27/donald-trump-stumbled-in-2022-how-is-he-leading-the-2024-race

Things "normal" people care about, don't get mad, but that is like 95% of the population. 

Economy:  Cooking

Gas:  Cooking
Interest rates:  Sort of suck BUT trending down

No one cares about abortion anymore unless you are insane.  

No on really cares about the death penalty anymore  but we all agree that super creeps should be killed

You are looking at polls that are BEGGING you to click to BEG you to engage.  Stop.  Stop falling for it.

Don't take this the wrong way...but the media wants you to act like a 14 year old girl...and you are.  STOP.

Everything is fine.  JB is winning with ease and in 11 months, you can thank and hug me.  Deal? 

• TBH 2
2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Thanks for the graph.

It dropped precipitously under FDR...then again under Johnson (and Nixon) so why did you try to pin it on Reagan?

The real problem is because it's Fiat. Want to bail out banks? Print More. Want to give everyone mostly meaningless money a few times during Covid? Print More! Want to send Ukraine a hundred billion? Print More.

Also y’all need to take a step back.

The economy is improving, inflation is tapering off and it appears we may have achieved a soft landing. But that’s gonna take a while to factor into polls.

Also there’s plenty of people pretending the GOP has some realistic alternative to Trump right now. There’s a subset of voters who will opt for Trump vs. Biden in a rematch when asked now but are going to start heading for the exits if the economy keeps with the upswing and they keep getting whacked over the head with his whole “I’m just a little bit fascist, as a funny, tee hee” shtick AFTER reality sinks in that crazy a-hole is actually the nominee. And most likely a convict at that point.

And yeah I’m voting for Biden 110%. Fascism sucks way worse than being old and competent.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election