The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s a shame the Conservative Republican who governed in a way the vast majority of Republicans would like the country governed was passed over, but it seems Strange Doctor is correct.   Republican voters are not smart this cycle.  

I do think DeSantis should've been patient and waited until 2028 to run. He was a little over eager. 

He wouldn't have to run to the Right of Trump on issues, would've been free to carve and policy stances of his choice, he's easily the best choice to inherit Trumps populist base, and he would win while simultaneously not having to criticize Trump himself. 

• TBH 1

17 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

If I were to guess, Haley will drop out shortly after she loses her home state of South Carolina on February 24th.

However, the latest her campaign will last is March 5th, after the Super Tuesday primaries are dominated by Trump leaving her no path to victory. 

The soonest she drops out is eary next week after she loses in New Hampshire. She may realize that the sooner she embarrasses herself by endorsing Trump, the better the chances that he helps her salvage the rest of her pathetic political career.

Make no mistake, the race for the Republican nomination is over and has been for months.

Interesting!

I think Tim Scott is still the best choice, you would basically have to either hate men, hate blacks or hate R's to not vote for him.

Sadly, I do not think he will ever run again.

• Plus1 1
On 12/17/2022 at 10:06 AM, Scarlet said:

Are you sure Desantis might not find it more, let's say, "lucrative" to be his running mate?  

On 12/17/2022 at 10:11 AM, nic said:

That idea is out of left field. Trump won't win the nomination.

On 12/19/2022 at 7:30 AM, nic said:

I will either resurrect this thread in a year and half with my anecdotal evidence and say I told you so or eat crow...whatever eating crow is like.

1 hour ago, nic said:

We will find out, soon. The VP offering has been floated by many. Seems like odd timing 2 days out. Desantis would be better pick than Tucker. :cowbell:

I seem to remember the VP offering talk going back as far as December of 2022.  How are you making your crow?  Please post a video.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I seem to remember the VP offering talk going back as far as December of 2022.  How are you making your crow?  Please post a video.  

Yup crow it is...if I could catch one. 

I could shoot one I guess, but there is no way I post a video on a message board. I am not even on social media. :P

DeSantis sure did screw up somewhere along the way. 

13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s a shame the Conservative Republican who governed in a way the vast majority of Republicans would like the country governed was passed over, but it seems Strange Doctor is correct.   Republican voters are not smart this cycle.  

They haven’t been smart for over 8 years.  Ever since 2016, they have been nominating and electing total trash and they have been losing power because of it. 

• Plus1 3

My gambling site had political wagers up the other day, they are gone now.  It was -125 for an R to win the Presidency and I think it was +125 for a D to win it.  

No names listed, just political party.

Independent or non D/R was like +3000

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

And this is who they are going to nominate for the third time in a row.  :facepalm:

It appears his mental/emotional development stopped at age 5.  His GOP enablers have willfully downgraded their own mental health to that level as well 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

And this is who they are going to nominate for the third time in a row.  :facepalm:

Haley said she "know" she's "getting to" Trump at this point in the race, pointing to his attacks slamming her as a "losing candidate who puts America last."

"I know him very well, and the second he feels insecure or the second he feels threatened, he starts lashing out," she said. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nikki-haley-says-trump-feels-threatened-lashing-believes-shell-pick-desantis-voters

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just to be clear, is he advocating for total immunity for all presidents? This can't sit well with those for Law and Order. There is now way this is what the framers of our government had in mind when drafting the Constitution. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
14 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

Just to be clear, is he advocating for total immunity for all presidents? This can't sit well with those for Law and Order. There is now way this is what the framers of our government had in mind when drafting the Constitution. 

Yes, that's exactly what he thinks it needs to be.  He's obviously only thinking about himself.  

MAGA idiots think this....then at the same time think Biden should be prosecuted.

41 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

It appears his mental/emotional development stopped at age 5.  His GOP enablers have willfully downgraded their own mental health to that level as well 

I think he is getting worried.

She is gaining ground and Ron bailing will help her out.

• TBH 1
39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No offense to anyone in particular, but......Hey all you self serving dip-s#!ts out there who are planning on "writing-in" a candidate in November, this is exactly who you are helping win.  The candidate that thinks presidents are and should be above the law.  Let that sink in.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 3
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election