The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

A Republican encouraging Russia to attack NATO members?

My god man. Reagan would’ve tried to kick Trump’s a$$.

Yep…..this is what MAGAts want.  

And, he wants the American economy to crash.

And, he ordered Republicans to kill a bipartisan border bill. 

He’s such a great guy.  

• Plus1 1

The problem Democrats have though is that Kamala is the VP.  If the country had a competent VP, it would be easier to tell The BiG GuY you have to go if the VP could step right up.   The Dem machine knows Kamala ain’t it, yet they can’t be seen passing over a black women in favor of another white guy like Newsome.  So they are stuck with a nominee with sever brain function issue who people just don’t like unless the Dems can throw him under the bus further and shame him into withdrawing.  

Hopefully in the next two months both Trump and Joe have to withdraw and the country can have a better debate about moving forward. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The problem Democrats have though is that Kamala is the VP.  If the country had a competent VP, it would be easier to tell The BiG GuY you have to go if the VP could step right up.   The Dem machine knows Kamala ain’t it, yet they can’t be seen passing over a black women in favor of another white guy like Newsome.  So they are stuck with a nominee with sever brain function issue who people just don’t like unless the Dems can throw him under the bus further and shame him into withdrawing.  

Hopefully in the next two months both Trump and Joe have to withdraw and the country can have a better debate about moving forward. 

OK doctor Archy.

When you actually work with people who have dementia every single day, this type of armchair doctoring actually pisses me off.

But by all means, nobody seems to let reality ruin a good narrative so please, continue.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

I’m not a macroeconomics person, and I know it’s obvious to anyone with a brain that NATO is good for us and not upholding the treaty is a bad thing, but let’s say Russia takes over Europe while we save money by not helping them, and then everything settles down into a new normal.

Russia would be a total s#!t trading partner with us and it would have a horrible negative impact on our economy, and we couldn’t really run to China either. Russia and China would just be laughing at us as we spiral downward. China is a huge trading partner with us right now but they could decrease that by a lot in this circumstance. 

The other hypothetical is Russia fails against a US-less NATO. I’m sure Europe will still trade with us but they’re going to try to avoid doing anything that benefits us in any way. 

Being an isolationist/nationalist country esp when it comes to Europe is going to leave us way worse off than if we are good allies to them. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

OK doctor Archy

Contrary to popular opinion, I’m not a Dr.  However, I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before.

My mom is in Memory Care.  Her mom was diagnosed and two of her 4 sisters are in assisted living/memory care.  It runs in the family.  Forgive me if I don’t care what pisses you off.  

The Big Guys has memory issues.  The entire world can see it, and if you truly work with memory patients everyday you understand it ain’t getting any better and most likely one day with quickly progress.   Not something we need as a President.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
30 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Contrary to popular opinion, I’m not a Dr.  However, I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before.

My mom is in Memory Care.  Her mom was diagnosed and two of her 4 sisters are in assisted living/memory care.  It runs in the family.  Forgive me if I don’t care what pisses you off.  

The Big Guys has memory issues.  The entire world can see it, and if you truly work with memory patients everyday you understand it ain’t getting any better and most likely one day with quickly progress.   Not something we need as a President.  

Ya, he may not have dementia but he is at a minimum having normal memory issues as an aging person. I don't want him as president but I want Trump a lot less. Assuming we still have a legit election in 2028, I hope we have some candidates between the ages of 35 and 60 who aren't crazy or stupid. I do think Biden's issues have been built up as more than they actually are, but I'm tired of people (mostly boomers, I assume) thinking age = wisdom and ignoring other factors.

• TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election