The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i  got a text asking if i will support donald trump for president    no way i am answering that as it is probably some sort of phishing expedition.   but his supporters will probably answer and give him great polls

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

12 hours ago, commando said:

i  got a text asking if i will support donald trump for president    no way i am answering that as it is probably some sort of phishing expedition.   but his supporters will probably answer and give him great polls

I just get those texts saying someone is using my apple id...

• Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Anyone who still backs him is a traitor to America. 

Agreed.  That article was a chilling reminder as to why this election is truly the most consequential of our life time. (over used phrase but true this time)   Some of these Trump advisors remind me of those in the 2nd picture below.   The article paints an alt-right utopia as the dream outcome of this group.  Trump has no sense of history or place.   

Inside-Trumps-world.jpg?quality=75&w=2400

Hitler and His Inner Circle: Chilling Profiles of the Evil Figures Behind  the Third Reich: Paul Roland: 9781398803800: Amazon.com: Books

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Anyone who still backs him is a traitor to America. 

Well that would include the 50% of American voters who want this even more vengeful version of Donald Trump as President.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/04/28/donald-trump-joe-biden-cnn-poll/73493459007/

I know I should listen to the wise counsel of a professional teacher, but this Biden in a Landslide narrative isn't backed by anything beyond a prayer for common sense.

Gonna be a heckuva civil war. 

• TBH 1

That article is insane!  

How much do you guys think the Pro-Hammy dorks are hurting Joe right now?  

A little? A lot?  Not at all?

Are Pro-Hammy dorks voting and if so are they going to vote for Trump over Biden?

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That article is insane!  

Are Pro-Hammy dorks voting and if so are they going to vote for Trump over Biden?

They are such dorks that they are the type that cause so many problems like this, then not vote.  Which....at this point, I hope they don't.....no matter who they were going to vote for.

The things they have said make such little sense that I can't get a grasp on who they would vote for.

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That article is insane!  

no one is saying the pro hamas folks have 2 functioning brain cells to rub together.

• TBH 2

poor don, the first time in his life has tgo to a high school graduation ceremony.   the judge granted him permission to attend barrons graduation.    that will be the first he has gone to out of all his kids.

20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Do you really believe a Trump win would make for an actual civil war?   Or even a Trump loss?  

I don't know if actual sabers will be drawn, or if Ken Burns will do a documentary on it, but a Donald Trump win is likely to spark a reconstruction of democracy to fit Trump, along with the partisan revenge he has literally promised. That includes withholding federal funds to blue states, and fully weaponizing a Justice Department some already considers a partisan weapon. 

A Donald Trump loss will -- again, as promised -- launch an election denial scenario that will be more angry and organized than the last one. I'm not sure which result would get uglier, but they both seem to inspire escalation and resistance. 

We are already at the bloodless version of civil war, in which Democrats and Republicans are virtually prohibited from crossing the aisle, even if the collaboration would build bridges or save puppies. And even as I made that joke, I realize a prominent Republican just bragged about killing a puppy as an example of making "tough decisions."

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Do you really believe a Trump win would make for an actual civil war?   Or even a Trump loss?  

This has strong "do you actually think he won't peacefully transition power" from 2016 vibes. Trump voters are oblivious to the electoral devastation they cause. 

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That article is insane!  

The moronic movement of these college kids isn't likely to affect his raw vote totals from college aged voters themselves - Pro Palestinian protestors don't make up that much of the youth vote, they're just loud and visible.

But it can affect how voters view the Left, which is where the damage is really being done. Biden can't afford any loss of support -- his electoral position is extremely precarious. Trump's odds of winning only get higher.