The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

You are correct about his interviews.  What I always thought is that he was always willing to ask the question that so many other people want to ask but are scared to do so....and he would do it in a way that the person would actually answer and not be offended.

Yeah!

I think he does such a great job poking fun at himself while doing interviews that it really makes the person feel comfortable.  

• Plus1 1

I never thought we would all have to team up to fight against a major party to save our democracy….and that party being the one I belonged to for so long. 

These people are absolutely disgustingly anti-American. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, nic said:

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2024/04/30/voters-views-of-trump-and-biden-differ-sharply-by-religion/

Catholics are turning toward Trump. Hispanic Catholics are 47% Trump vs. 28% in 2020. Biden still holds the lead at 49% for Hispanic Catholics.

So I think we can put to bed the notion that Demcrats are leaving the borders open just to get voters. 

As with most everything else, the Hispanic numbers represent a rural/urban split. 

A couple of excerpts from the article below.  No commentary of my own is needed. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2024/05/05/trump-vp-running-mate-2024-election/73558485007/

Who will be dumb enough to become Donald Trump's vice president?

The position of Trump's vice president brings with it the kind of job safety only found among nervous snake handlers and crash-test dummies.

7 requirements to be Trump's vice president

1. All candidates’ souls must have fully vacated their bodies, along with all dignity, morals and sense of self-worth.
  2. The ability to always agree with Trump is essential. If Trump says “2+2 = 5,” the candidates must be willing to accept that as fact and order the imprisonment of any and all math teachers who disagree.
  3. Logical consistency is not considered an asset, and the candidates must be ready and willing to loudly yell things that are transparently false and, often, make no sense whatsoever.
  4. An ideal candidate must be comfortable with potentially being hanged by an angry mob.
  5. Candidates who have not murdered dogs are preferred. (Sorry, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem.)
  6. The candidates must be willing to listen to Donald Trump Jr.’s podcast and engage in at least one conversation per month with Eric Trump without laughing.
  7. And finally, all candidates must be not only willing but excited to have every ounce of their decency and credibility vaporized in service to a man who wouldn’t spit on them if they were on fire.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Again, far be it from me to defend Donald Trump, but most of the government was unprepared for COVID and just days before the shutdown folks like Pelosi and Shumer were underplaying the threat and telling people to keep traveling and going about their business. 

Trump blaming the poor pandemic response on the Democrats for their distracting witch hunts is totally on-brand and legit enough for his supporters. The funny part is where he craves to be given credit for fast-tracking the life-saving vaccine to a base that decided both COVID and the vaccine are hoaxes and their advocates frauds. 

Does anyone remember the weekend where it seemed eerily possible that Donald Trump was about to die from COVID?  It may well have been his presidential privileges that saved him. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again, far be it from me to defend Donald Trump, but most of the government was unprepared for COVID and just days before the shutdown folks like Pelosi and Shumer were underplaying the threat and telling people to keep traveling and going about their business. 

Trump blaming the poor pandemic response on the Democrats for their distracting witch hunts is totally on-brand and legit enough for his supporters. The funny part is where he craves to be given credit for fast-tracking the life-saving vaccine to a base that decided both COVID and the vaccine are hoaxes and their advocates frauds. 

Does anyone remember the weekend where it seemed eerily possible that Donald Trump was about to die from COVID?  It may well have been his presidential privileges that saved him. 

Gives an answer with all the enthusiasm of a school student who didn't do their book report being asked a question about it then proceeds to blather lie after lie after lie to make himself look as good as possible.

Is it too much to suggest we set the bar a bit higher for the person running the country?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4
43 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Gives an answer with all the enthusiasm of a school student who didn't do their book report being asked a question about it then proceeds to blather lie after lie after lie to make himself look as good as possible.

Is it too much to suggest we set the bar a bit higher for the person running the country?

Of course not. Just saying that bar was set to an historic low eight years ago, followed by new jaw-dropping lows on a daily, sometimes hourly basis. Blaming COVID on Democrat distractions is probably the last thing that would convince a MAGA to reconsider their pact with Satan. 

22 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I never thought we would all have to team up to fight against a major party to save our democracy….and that party being the one I belonged to for so long. 

These people are absolutely disgustingly anti-American. 

American's get the government they deserve.

If they want authoritarian stupidity, they deserve authoritarian stupidity. The only thing I hope for is that when Donald Trump wins, that they win the majorities needed to actually enact the agenda items his voters clamor for. 

Deport all illegal immigrants, raise tariffs on imported goods, criminalize women as murders for seeking abortions. Stop protecting voters from their own stupidity, they need to start paying the consequences for their vote.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1