$ Impact to Big 10 to Cancel All Fall Sports

12 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

and we haven't even mentioned player compensation, which is on the back burner now, due to covid, but it is sure to come up again in the future. the pink elephant in the room.

The pac10 were the ones leading that charge. They seem to care the least about football, Are upside down already when it comes to sports, so we might see that whole ship sink, good time to toss in the towel. 

Add in all their other demands of giving 2percent of the league revenue to black lives matter and racial quotas on all coaches and admins- might be a good time to just close up shop. It’s possible. 

if any teams like Utah, Arizona state or Oregon May want to keep playing without all the requirements, maybe Texas gets its wish and those teams join the big 12.  

• Plus1 2
On 8/20/2020 at 1:16 PM, Omaha fan said:

Add in all their other demands of giving 2percent of the league revenue to black lives matter and racial quotas on all coaches and admins- might be a good time to just close up shop. It’s possible. 

Can you point out where in the Pac12 letter it said 2% to BLM or anything about "racial quotas on coaches". I'm curious. 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Omaha fan said:

From the article: "The players are demanding that 2% of conference revenues fund “financial aid for low-income Black students”", and I read the letter and there is nothing about a race quota for coaches and admins in it. I think your outrage might be misplaced.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

From the article: "The players are demanding that 2% of conference revenues fund “financial aid for low-income Black students”", and I read the letter and there is nothing about a race quota for coaches and admins in it. I think your outrage might be misplaced.

You left out the rest of the sentence 

“ and other racial justice programs”  black lives matter was brought up in the article what 5- 6 times? 

In another article I read they mentioned black lives matter as an example of one of the preferred racial justice   Programs . It’s the one getting the most press now. 

The article I read stated very clearly that racial quotas for coaches and administrators would equal the ratio of blacks on the team and would be phased in and required to be completed on a timetable that was complete in 4 years. Not sure if the players came off of that , but it was in an earlier proposal that I read. 

• Thanks 2

Some Steps the pac 12 is taking in response to the player demands. Of course the appointment of a czar of racial diversity and inclusion along with committees lol What exactly does that mean, if a player had a birthday party or fishing trip-they are required to invite everyone? What if we only have cake enough for 12 guys, am I in trouble if i don’t buy a bigger cake and invite everyone to the lazer tag thing after? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pac-12.com/article/2020/07/01/pac-12-announces-initial-steps-combat-racism-and-promote-social-justice%3famp

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Omaha fan said:

Some Steps the pac 12 is taking in response to the player demands. Of course the appointment of a czar of racial diversity and inclusion along with committees lol What exactly does that mean, if a player had a birthday party or fishing trip-they are required to invite everyone? What if we only have cake enough for 12 guys, am I in trouble if i don’t buy a bigger cake and invite everyone to the lazer tag thing after? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pac-12.com/article/2020/07/01/pac-12-announces-initial-steps-combat-racism-and-promote-social-justice%3famp

Why do you complain about minorities so much?

• Plus1 2

I wonder what the actual losses are projected to be. I'm sure these numbers everyone is tossing around are lost revenue which is not the same thing as what is lost on the bottom line. Toss in projecting the worst case scenario to shake more $$ out of donors and we'll prob never know what bottom losses would be.

It's not good either way but it's likely not as bad as what they're stating.

37 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I wonder what the actual losses are projected to be. I'm sure these numbers everyone is tossing around are lost revenue which is not the same thing as what is lost on the bottom line. Toss in projecting the worst case scenario to shake more $$ out of donors and we'll prob never know what bottom losses would be.

It's not good either way but it's likely not as bad as what they're stating.

The lost revenue should be fairly easy to project as no games = no tickets, no TV, no sales etc.  There will be some cost savings for travel and lay off enployees and if any scholarships are dishonored. but losses will be huge.  Donors dont bail out entire budgets very often.   Some cost continue whether games happen of course. Hard to see what Big Ten losses will be as it depends on whether they can ‘sell reruns’ without massive subscriber losses.  I doubt it.  

34 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

The lost revenue should be fairly easy to project as no games = no tickets, no TV, no sales etc.  There will be some cost savings for travel and lay off enployees and if any scholarships are dishonored. but losses will be huge.  Donors dont bail out entire budgets very often.   Some cost continue whether games happen of course. Hard to see what Big Ten losses will be as it depends on whether they can ‘sell reruns’ without massive subscriber losses.  I doubt it.  

That's kind of what I was getting at. As an example, the link Mavric posted with tOSU claiming $130.3M lost, I wonder if they calculated back in the savings associated with not playing, not traveling, layoffs, etc.

I'm not intending to make light of their plight at all. It will be a huge hit. I just wonder if it's as huge as some of the numbers that are being tossed around.