The Mandalorian - Season 2

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Spoiler

I've been liking this season, but I was lukewarm with the most recent episode. The Boba Fett stuff felt like the fan-service stuff that the sequel trilogy was dinged for. Also some of the action was clunky when they were facing off against the Empire. Watch when Mando first jumps in, he's looking up and to the left at no one.

The stuff with Grogu, though, was great. Loved the little Lotus position they put him in when he was meditating. Now just have to wonder whats going to happen. They were talking about Snoke in the 4th episode and that they are using Grogu to make Snoke stable, makes the last few episodes unpredictable (seeing as Snoke/Palpatine) was able to rule the First Order.

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts on finale and season 3:

The dark saber thing is a bit silly. Gideon just lost in battle and so Mando owns the saber. Which makes the thing about the lady mando defeating him not seem as dramatic as they’re making it out to be. They just showed 2 mins prior you can lose the saber without dying.

This show isn’t going to exist without a heavy dose of Grogu. I also don’t think we are going to have a lot of Luke scenes. My guess is at some point (I’d wager next season) we will have a time jump where we find out Grogu has been trained for a year or 2 and wants to rejoin Mando, and he’ll probably be able to speak some words at that point but still be cute.

• Plus1 1

I was getting too many spoilers from the interwebs so we binged the last few episodes tonight.

I have no idea where they go from this season. I liked the character from the finale but it's clearly not sustainable long-term.

Liked a lot of the EU stuff they wove into the story. I think it's 50/50 that they axe the sequels and redo the entire post-ROTJ history after watching this season.

Apparently if you put the word "spoiler" in brackets [ ] it's BB code for an actual spoiler tag. Interesting.