Censorship

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Anyone here use Disney+ and if so, is it worth it?

I do Netflix and Hulu.  

I just cancelled for the second time. I came back for a $3 per month for 6 months offer and that just ran out. The Marvel movies have gone downhill and I have watched most of the other content. I might fire it up again when the next season of Andor comes back.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Anyone here use Disney+ and if so, is it worth it?

I do Netflix and Hulu.  

I have Disney but have considered dropping it for awhile. I also have a young girl who and a teenager at home still who occasionally use it so that’s why it’s stayed for now. 

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Welp, just like the Huskers, I couldn't figure it out. 

Why don't you tell me.

Really?  Disney talks about how Twitter needs to do something about hate speech, and certain Twitter posters cancel Disney accounts to retaliate. 

One could assume that only people who partake in hate speech would be upset with Disney.

• TBH 4
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Really?  Disney talks about how Twitter needs to do something about hate speech, and certain Twitter posters cancel Disney accounts to retaliate. 

One could assume that only people who partake in hate speech would be upset with Disney.

Thanks, good explanation. I see people defending free speech, not necessarily hate speech. But I suppose some might use the terms interchangeably.

Weird how you didn't have to use the word Nazi in the explanation.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

This is the type of garbage that Musk allows on Twitter and has advertisers fleeing including Disney. Pretty vile stuff from legit neo-nazis. 

Not sure why anyone would deny this is going on unless they've been stuck in their right-wing rabbit hole but here are the receipts.  Also not sure why anyone can't connect the dots that most people who would be triggered by advertisers wanting to get out are at a minimum sympathetic to these messages.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
21 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Thanks, good explanation. I see people defending free speech, not necessarily hate speech. But I suppose some might use the terms interchangeably.

Weird how you didn't have to use the word Nazi in the explanation.

You really never knew that there is a load of neo-nazi content on Twitter with ads then getting mixed up into those threads?  You never really considered that maybe at least some of the people that are posting their canceled subscriptions to Disney might be somehow sympathetic to those type of posts?  Do you have a better term for what I just posted above other than what it is...Nazi content?  Should we soften the term?  f#&% that.  Call it out.  

27 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

You really never knew that there is a load of neo-nazi content on Twitter with ads then getting mixed up into those threads?  You never really considered that maybe at least some of the people that are posting their canceled subscriptions to Disney might be somehow sympathetic to those type of posts?  Do you have a better term for what I just posted above other than what it is...Nazi content?  Should we soften the term?  f#&% that.  Call it out.  

Thanks for providing the examples from that Avi guy. Horrible people it appears.

I am on the Twitter quite a lot (more than I should, honestly) and I have never, ever, seen even one post like those examples. And, I don't know that I have seen any advertisements from any of those companies...with the exception of Disney. 

I think if the corporations pull their ad money for good, it will hurt Musk a lot more than any consumer boycott would do to the likes of Disney. But, Bud Light might be a cautionary tale as well.

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I am on the Twitter quite a lot (more than I should, honestly) and I have never, ever, seen even one post like those examples. And, I don't know that I have seen any advertisements from any of those companies...with the exception of Disney. 

Neither have I.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2