The Biden Cabinet

18 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If she get that strongly about the subject, one would think she would exit her position in the company and put her money into a different venture that pays employees better.  She could also use her current bully pulpit to shame the majority owner (her father) into paying better wages.  Doesn’t seem too misleading to me.  

I don't see where she has an active roll in the company?

15 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I know you get off to causing drama and spreading division but this is a dumb argument. This article has nothing to do with raising the minimum wage in AMERICA, just what a company in MEXICO pays its MEXICAN employees. And a "news outlet" that cites a posting on Indeed as the basis for its smear campaign, has no credibility.

Even for you, you're better than this.

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

I know you get off to causing drama and spreading division

So we are back to personal attacks on this site again.  Cool. 

14 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

This article has nothing to do with raising the minimum wage in AMERICA, just what a company in MEXICO pays its MEXICAN employees.

It was nice to see you actually read the article and could tell that two different countries were being talked about. Now, for a person in this country worth over $100 million advocating for doubling the minimum wage, one would think that same person would want to pay her own families company employees well above the current standard in Mexico.  Unfortunately it seems to not be the case and looks to be about a full US $1 per hour below the average for unskilled labor in Mexico. 

If my math is wrong and her company pays more than average then I’ll delete the post and the original.  If it’s not, then it would be nice for her to show us how it’s done from personal experience to pay employees more.  

25 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Even for you, you're better than this.

Try and make a point next time without making it personal.  The backhanded compliments went out of style long ago. 

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It was nice to see you actually read the article and could tell that two different countries were being talked about. Now, for a person in this country worth over $100 million advocating for doubling the minimum wage, one would think that same person would want to pay her own families company employees well above the current standard in Mexico.  Unfortunately it seems to not be the case and looks to be about a full US $1 per hour below the average for unskilled labor in Mexico.

Where is the proof of this? 

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So we are back to personal attacks on this site again.  Cool. 

If my math is wrong and her company pays more than average then I’ll delete the post and the original.  If it’s not, then it would be nice for her to show us how it’s done from personal experience to pay employees more.  

Try and make a point next time without making it personal.  The backhanded compliments went out of style long ago. 

Let's be honest. You don't care about discourse. You're unconvinced of the truth even when it's in your face. You only care about tearing down viewpoints that aren't yours to make whatever right-wing contrived talking point. You offer no solutions or intellectual input, but hope to cause chaos and division.

Sorry if that hits a nerve or makes you feel victimized, but it's the truth.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If she get that strongly about the subject, one would think she would exit her position in the company and put her money into a different venture that pays employees better.  She could also use her current bully pulpit to shame the majority owner (her father) into paying better wages.  Doesn’t seem too misleading to me.  

Technically, all of us who own individual stocks or mutual funds are minority owners of multiple businesses.  How often do we evaluate our holdings to make sure the company's policies and actions are in line with our own values??  How often do we make protest to the company headquarters??  Probably not too often.

On a personal note, one can invest in companies that share ones own values. It takes a good agent and more work but it can be done.  The agent I use doesn't invest in 'sin' stocks and we oppose abortion so our investments don't go to companies that actively support abortion.

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Here's yet another good rollback on trump's awful policies. 

That was one that I found so interesting.  It clearly shows that Trump still didn't care about the people he defrauded with his on Trump University.  Oh, did someone mention Trump is a crook?  Yeah...he is....and still is.

And, it's another example of Trumpees just turning a blind eye to what smacks them in the face.

I'm all for the scrutiny given Neera Tanden, and her withdrawal suggests neither BIden nor fellow Dems were going to the mat on behalf of her gender and ethnic inclusion. 

Looks like Gupta has earned some scrutiny as well. Maybe it will force her out, or perhaps spur some action to support livable wagers in other countries, but the damage is to Gupta, not the movement to raise the minimum wage. 

Still, you gotta admit it's adorable that a rightwing judicial lobbying group is clutching its pearls about someone's father making a fortune by applying their own pro-business values. Hypocrisy is funny that way.  

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, SECHusker said:

Let's be honest. You don't care discourse. You're unconvinced of the truth even when it's in your face. You only care about tearing down viewpoints that aren't yours to make whatever right-wing contrived talking point. You offer no solutions or intellectual input, but hope to cause chaos and division.

Sorry if that hits a nerve or makes you feel victimized, but it's the truth.

:D  Lots of you and yours in there  trying to moralize there yet no discussion disputing the actual subject of the conversation. Quite amazing, yet expected.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

:D  Lots of you and yours in there  trying to moralize there yet no discussion disputing the actual subject of the conversation. Quite amazing, yet expected.  

Look closer. The discussion is actually how much "you" have wrong on the subject. And you only have you to blame for that. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1