Biden's America

8 hours ago, Decked said:

Where’s the raises for the chemists?? Come on JB. I can be bought too!!

Making meth in your mom's basement involves chemistry, but I wouldn't call you a chemist...

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Gage County said:

Steve Nikoui was arrested in the House Chamber for petitioning the Government for a redress of grievances. Shameful.

So he sent a formal request to the government (i.e. written)? Because if he was just yelling like a mad man, first amendment speech protection doesn't apply the same to all places and forums. The house chambers would likely be one of those place where speech can be restricted.

8 minutes ago, ZRod said:

So he sent a formal request to the government (i.e. written)? Because if he was just yelling like a mad man, first amendment speech protection doesn't apply the same to all places and forums. The house chambers would likely be one of those place where speech can be restricted.

That's not what petition means. Steve Nikoui is not a criminal. I hope he's not charged.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, Gage County said:

That's not what petition means. Steve Nikoui is not a criminal. I hope he's not charged.

Petition could be calling your congressman, writing a letter, or creating a petition for people to sign about an issue. You aren't protected from yelling inside the chambers.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
26 minutes ago, funhusker said:

No I don’t :lol:.  And to anyone that thinks I did:  I really don’t know what to say….

:dunno

You simply reminded me to be consistent. I was critical of Speaker Pelosi after the Capitol Police failures on J6. The Speaker has over site of the CP. Steve Nikoui was out of line and should have been removed from the gallery. No need to arrest and handcuff a Gold Star father. I'd call Johnson's office if I thought they would answer the phone. Just about every congressman lets their DC phone go to voice mail.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1