Biden's America

41 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Has he been President for 5 years?

that being said, if I did show 5 years, that graph would make it look even worse for mush brain. 

So here ya go….

5FEFCCC3-6ECB-4BBE-B74E-B1D538B93349.thumb.jpeg.e15a1542ff4eb0995f65f1c8f005ece7.jpeg

How is that worse or even bad?

The Dow, Nasdaq, S&P all have performed pretty well since Biden took office. Of course he had a good starting point since Trump tanked them with his poor handling of the pandemic. 10%+/- per year through ongoing Covid and the Russia invasion of Ukraine….I’d say that’s pretty darned good :dunno

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
49 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

he Dow, Nasdaq, S&P all have performed pretty well since Biden took office.

What???  The Nasdaq is down roughly 20-22% since Joe too the reigns.  

Russell2000 down 12%

S&P up 2%

DOW up 7% which is respectable. 

Trump years demolished those returns.  Isn’t even close 

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1
13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What???  The Nasdaq is down roughly 20-22% since Joe too the reigns.  

Russell2000 down 12%

S&P up 2%

DOW up 7% which is respectable. 

Trump years demolished those returns.  Isn’t even close 

Well then WTF is that graph you posted? Looks like it’s gone up quite a bit since start of 2020.

TBF outside of the graph you posted I haven’t paid too much attention except that my IRAs have done outstanding the last few years, as has my business. Normally I would be complaining but I just can’t.

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Well then WTF is that graph you posted? Looks like it’s gone up quite a bit since start of 2020.

TBF outside of the graph you posted I haven’t paid too much attention except that my IRAs have done outstanding the last few years, as has my business. Normally I would be complaining but I just can’t.

The second graph was a start date 5 years ago.  When trump was still in office. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

The second graph was a start date 5 years ago.  When trump was still in office. 

Yeah….and it remained fairly flat, bottoming right at the 2020 date and then increasing to peak in late 2021 and decreasing since but still much higher than the low point at beginning of 2020.

I’m trying to figure out how that graph supports your interpretation of it. It does not show the big decrease you claim. You’re either wrong or that graph is not representative of the results you are claiming.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah….and it remained fairly flat, bottoming right at the 2020 date and then increasing to peak in late 2021 and decreasing since but still much higher than the low point at beginning of 2020.

I’m trying to figure out how that graph supports your interpretation of it. It does not show the big decrease you claim. You’re either wrong or that graph is not representative of the results you are claiming.

1). Biden didn’t become President until Jan 2021 so i’m trying to understand  why beginning of 2020 matters.  Let me know what I’m missing on that one.  
2) Both graphs are accurate and not made up. The first one looks at the past year.  The second looks at a 5 yr period which was asked for by someone else.  
3) The Nasdaq was at  13,197 on Jan 19,2021 (basically when Biden took office).  It is now at  10,305 after almost 2 years of his Presidency.

The first year was looking pretty decent, then has since dropped off a cliff, represented by the first graph 

Overall, it’s a craptastic performance. 

As far as your point of things remaining fairly flat all the way to bottoming out in March 2020.  If you look at the numbers, it went from 7,157 to 9,732 before hitting a Covid bottom and ending his term at 13,500.  Representative of a pretty nice return those 2 years.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
51 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

1). Biden didn’t become President until Jan 2021 so i’m trying to understand  why beginning of 2020 matters.  Let me know what I’m missing on that one.  
2) Both graphs are accurate and not made up. The first one looks at the past year.  The second looks at a 5 yr period which was asked for by someone else.  
3) The Nasdaq was at  13,197 on Jan 19,2021 (basically when Biden took office).  It is now at  10,305 after almost 2 years of his Presidency.

The first year was looking pretty decent, then has since dropped off a cliff, represented by the first graph 

Overall, it’s a craptastic performance. 

As far as your point of things remaining fairly flat all the way to bottoming out in March 2020.  If you look at the numbers, it went from 7,157 to 9,732 before hitting a Covid bottom and ending his term at 13,500.  Representative of a pretty nice return those 2 years.  

Yep, that’s my bad. I had it in my mind that JB took over at beginning of 2020. That explains the rest of my confusion with that graph.

25 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yep, that’s my bad. I had it in my mind that JB took over at beginning of 2020. That explains the rest of my confusion with that graph.

No problem.  I don’t think I initially laid out the explanation very well either so it’s on me too for the confusion. 

• Plus1 1