Biden's America

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Did you read the article?  Then, you would need to hear his comments last night.

Yes, and Mitch McConnell said that ain’t happening:dunno  

Because one Senator has a proposal to apparently sunset Medicare and SS (and replace with what?  I have a hard time believing he just wants them to go away and nothing else happen) doesn’t mean that is the Republican position.  

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So I am correct in saying Republicans do not have a policy position of getting rid of SS and Medicare?   We all seem to agree here so what’s your issue? 

If by "Republicans do not have a policy of getting rid of Social Security and Medicare" you mean "Mitch McConnell was infuriated that Rick Scott - the man spearheading the effort to win back the Senate - proposed an 11 point policy platform outlining plans to get rid of Social Security and Medicare" then yes.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

Because one Senator has a proposal to apparently sunset Medicare and SS (and replace with what?  I have a hard time believing he just wants them to go away and nothing else happen) doesn’t mean that is the Republican position.  

It’s not just one. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Which is exactly what Joe Biden said last night. 

He specifically said it's not even the majority of Republicans who want this. 

• TBH 3
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s not just one. 

Ok great.  We seem to be in agreement here that Biden called out “some” Republicans who want to change SS and Medicare.  Yet you are just wanting to argue semantics.  

Both McConnell and McCarthy have said those programs are off the table.  

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ok great.  We seem to be in agreement here that Biden called out “some” Republicans who want to change SS and Medicare.  Yet you are just wanting to argue semantics.  

Both McConnell and McCarthy have said those programs are off the table.  

You are the one I thought originally was saying he was lying.  I'm just pointing out what was said.  Words matter.  And, it matters what was said and what wasn't said.  He wasn't lying and that's when he was yelled at as lying.  

Now, Biden has all Republican Senators and Representatives agreeing those programs are off the table.  Good for him and good for everyone else too.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You are the one I thought originally was saying he was lying

Nope.  I even said I didn’t watch SOTU.  I even said I would take your word for it that he wasn’t.  

I did say I hate when members of Congress shout at the President as are disrespectful during the SOTU and I hate when Presidents lie during it, whether it’s about their own policy or the other sides policy, (or WMD’s)

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Nope.  I even said I didn’t watch SOTU.  I even said I would take your word for it that he wasn’t.  

I did say I hate when members of Congress shout at the President as are disrespectful during the SOTU and I hate when Presidents lie during it, whether it’s about their own policy or the other sides policy, (or WMD’s)

And that's why I said:

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You are the one I thought originally was saying he was lying.

I'm saying, that my original comment was premature towards you.  I then clarified what was said.  I'm just clarifying, that he didn't lie.  

• Fire 1
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And that's why I said:

I'm saying, that my original comment was premature towards you.  I then clarified what was said.  I'm just clarifying, that he didn't lie.  

:cheers

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You are the one I thought originally was saying he was lying.  I'm just pointing out what was said.  Words matter.  And, it matters what was said and what wasn't said.  He wasn't lying and that's when he was yelled at as lying.  

Now, Biden has all Republican Senators and Representatives agreeing those programs are off the table.  Good for him and good for everyone else too.

As an aside, I found this clip interesting since people are showing past Mike Lee clips…..

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

18 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Yeah, the record-breaking stuff is hyperbolic and willfully ignores the record hole we are coming out of.

On the other hand, the state of the economy is pretty darned good, all things considered, and the U.S. has managed the global pandemic recovery much better than most nations. Some Covid consequences may actually be positive long term corrections. 

If Trump had remained in office and overseen the exact same numbers, the GOP hyperbole would have been identical or worse. Liberals would be forced to craft this same snarky meme. 

Is there any way for Republicans to root for American success while a Democrat is President? 

• TBH 1
7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Is there any way for Republicans to root for American success while a Democrat is President?

I think the Fed is handling things much better than I would have anticipated given their previous track record.   I hope this soft landing continues throughout this year and next.  It would be a good accomplishment.  

Your question could also be asked in reverse, Economy was roaring pre-Covid under Trump admin and we didn’t see many Dem’s rooting for this.  

• Plus1 1