Biden's America

44 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Hmmmm….so now the left wing journo’s are saying Biden was being disingenuous.

If Republicans don't want to be labeled as the party that wants to get rid of SS, Medicare and Medicaid, then don't have elected members of your party propose sunsetting it every 5 years so they could have the ability to do so.  Then, don't have elected Republicans talk at private campaign stops about ripping the programs out by the roots and getting rid of them.  Then, don't have members of your party comment publicly that he wants to increase the retirement age because "people want to work longer".

Kind of hard to tell Democrats to stop saying they want to do those things when they have said it themselves.  

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If Republicans don't want to be labeled as the party that wants to get rid of SS, Medicare and Medicaid, then don't have elected members of your party propose sunsetting it every 5 years so they could have the ability to do so.  Then, don't have elected Republicans talk at private campaign stops about ripping the programs out by the roots and getting rid of them.  Then, don't have members of your party comment publicly that he wants to increase the retirement age because "people want to work longer".

Kind of hard to tell Democrats to stop saying they want to do those things when they have said it themselves.  

Hey don’t shoot the messenger.    This was noted Republican…….errr left leaning journo Jonathan Karl stating this Biden being disingenuous heresy.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

But again, even in my own company, I would disagree with that.  Let me explain.  Back in the late 70s, we entered an industry that really took off.  We were the first one in the industry with several other companies following suit shortly after.  Throughout the 80s and 90s, our industry was growing by 20+% per year.  If we weren't growing that fast, we were falling behind our competitors.  If we were to greatly fall behind our competitors, we would not be a major player in the market today and we would be out of business like many companies are that got into the market, but didn't grow.  Fact is, you just get gobbled up.  Customers want to buy from a major player in the market and a company that is coming out with new and innovative products.  Companies that didn't do that back then, simply aren't around anymore.

Now, I get what you're saying if you are only looking at short term and not thinking long term.  I was always taught in business school that you need to manage as though your company will always exist.  You need to manage around short term problems and the business environment.  But, the people at the very top, need to keep in mind where they want the company 10-20 years from now.  We've been around since 1945, so I think our company has done a good job of that.  

I'll tell you one thing.  There is even worse than publicly traded companies.  That is, private equity groups.  They openly admit their goal is to buy a company, grow it 300% and flip it in 5 years.  That is not an exaggeration. And, it's why I will never get involved with one.

Back to the economy, 2-4% growth is pretty dang great.

Solid perspective!

3 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Actually, Ron Johnson isn’t wrong to compare Social Security to a Ponzi scheme but that is the governments fault for turning it into one. If they would’ve just kept their hands off what people had paid in and invested it with even mediocre returns, there would be plenty in the fund to cover expenditures without relying on new payroll deductions.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1