Biden's America

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

But why??

Reminded him of riding the train to Congress all these years. :dunno

I’m guessing they thought it was safer. just heard a report this is the first time a president has visited a war zone where our troops aren’t deployed and don’t control the airspace. 

I just find the logistics of things like this interesting, no matter who is president, thought it was cool. 

51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:woo

I was wondering how he got there and if our air force was in country. I didn't think we would let our fighters go into their airspace even for Biden. That would be seen as a major escalation for Russia.

Even AF1 flying in could have been pretty risky with an inadvertant missle launch by either country. Though we could have let the Raptors get some real kills this time, and probably whipped out most of Russia's air power there in a couple hours.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

One thing that amuses me is the pro-Russian elements of the Right tripping over themselves to act like Ukraine is a foreign policy disaster.

While foreign policy ranks extremely low on the electorates' list of concerns, Republicans instance that we should stop supporting Ukraine is like to be unpopular and only cement themselves further as being undemocratic. 

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

One thing that amuses me is the pro-Russian elements of the Right tripping over themselves to act like Ukraine is a foreign policy disaster.

While foreign policy ranks extremely low on the electorates' list of concerns, Republicans instance that we should stop supporting Ukraine is like to be unpopular and only cement themselves further as being undemocratic. 

Biden actually sounds like a pre-Trump republican in his handling of the situation.  80's Reagan rupubl'ss would applaud loudly.  

• TBH 4