Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

13 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Per this article, potential lawsuits may but the alt right media jeanie back into the bottle.  With there exuberance to support Trump,  - Fox, Newsmax, OAN are in the cross hairs of some potentially very damaging law suits by Smartmatic and Dominion. Not to mention Trump's legal team including Powell, Rudy, and specific 'news' hosts. 

Yet, Trump will escape due to presidential immunity - the sly fox using stooges who end up taking the brunt of his devious ways.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/20/business/media/smartmatic-lawsuit-fox-news-newsmax-oan.html

I will be shocked if they sue anyone 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, commando said:

why not?   they have been slandered by trump and his far right allies

All there technology would be subject to discovery based on the allegations made to prove they are on the up and up, and they probably want to avoid giving out their trade secrets in court.  Keep info away from their competitors. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

All there technology would be subject to discovery based on the allegations made to prove they are on the up and up, and they probably want to avoid giving out their trade secrets in court.  Keep info away from their competitors. 

just their threat of a suit got fox to recant their accusations.   maybe it is enough...but i think they will actually go to court if they can make a fortune from a slander suit.   the deep pockets they would be suing would be enough for everyone in the company to retire comfortably.  damages alone would make the kid who smiled at the indian seem like a pauper by comparison....then add in slander and we are starting to talk about real money.   i may be wrong....but it is a gold mine if they are wiling to dig for it.

13 minutes ago, commando said:

just their threat of a suit got fox to recant their accusations.   maybe it is enough...but i think they will actually go to court if they can make a fortune from a slander suit.   the deep pockets they would be suing would be enough for everyone in the company to retire comfortably.  damages alone would make the kid who smiled at the indian seem like a pauper by comparison....then add in slander and we are starting to talk about real money.   i may be wrong....but it is a gold mine if they are wiling to dig for it.

Could be.  I just don’t think they really want to go through discovery unless they really have to, in order to get people to stop 

• Plus1 1