Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

For give me if this is posted already but Trump's lawyer, Lin Wood is bat crazy. :blink:  What does that tell you about Trump - double :blink::blink: 

But beyond crazy, it means Trump is very dangerous right now.   The guy is like a caged animal. 

Wood is calling for Pence to be tried for treason and executed.  Again the cult member's loyalty is to trump, the cult leader, and not to the constitution.

full story with multiple tweets:

https://news.yahoo.com/pro-trump-lawyer-lin-wood-123415836.html

Kinda wonder why nobody has the balls on these tapes to point blank ask Trump "what do want me to do to find these votes", "why would you want me to do that?", "What would I gain?" I mean remove all doubt. Let the moron spell it all out. He's pretty good at being vague and tip toeing around stuff until you corner him for a direct answer.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have the feeling the Georgia SOS office knew what was coming and was sick and tired of the constant pressure to break the law.

I wonder if harassment can be added to the crime?  18 calls not only speaks of desperation but also of political harassment.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

May it do so and may a new center right - center left party take its place.

Not sayin the taped convo isn’t stupid, but when has Bernstein ever said something isn’t worse then Watergate?  He’s been trying to stay relevant for years bringing Watergate back up every chance he can. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Not sayin the taped convo isn’t stupid, but when has Bernstein ever said something isn’t worse then Watergate?  He’s been trying to stay relevant for years bringing Watergate back up every chance he can. 

I would say that Trump's on going election fraud antics + his cult like paralysis of the GOP are having a more toxic affect on politics & govt  than what Watergate has had.  At least in the 1970s the GOP has a sense of right and wrong and believed in putting the country ahead of party. Not so much today except for a few individuals.

• Plus1 1

On 12/31/2020 at 2:24 PM, knapplc said:

I just want to point out that only a written objection signed by at least one member of both the Senate and the House is a real electoral count objection under the Constitution.

There will be lots of political theater and showmanship with meaningless verbal objections and maybe even a written objection but only signed by members of one chamber. It'll create a gigantic media storm and lots of hand-wringing. It will be a tale told by idiots, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

You know when I started this thread just after the election, I never thought it would get to 70 pages.  Just tells me how desperate Trump is and how loony tune his actions are.

George Conway weights in

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/george-conway-trump-is-increasingly-desperate-because-he-loses-immunity-from-criminal-liability-after-jan-20/

According to Conway, this is because Trump knows that when he finally leaves office on January 20th—the day that President-elect Joe Biden gets inaugurated as the 46th president of the United States—he immediately loses all criminal immunity that comes with the highest office.

“It’s shocking, but not surprising,” Conway called the phone call question Monday morning, appearing on Morning Joe.  “The real question that pops up here and pops up, again and again, is how delusional is he? Is he that delusional or is this — or is he just desperate, and I think it’s a little bit of both.”

“He is absolutely desperate to avoid leaving office on January 20th, and he’s delusional in the sense that he thinks this is the way to do it,” Conway added. “And the reason why he’s desperate, frankly, is because something more than him having to leave the grounds of the White House happens on January 20th. Something more important. He loses his immunity from criminal liability on January 20th.”

Conway then cited recent reports, most notably in The New York Times, that ongoing investigations in the Manhattan’s D.A. office into his finances are ramping up. “He’s obsessed with the fact that he loses his immunity on January 20th and that I think more — as much as anything else explains his desperation here,” Conway added.

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I just want to point out that only a written objection signed by at least one member of both the Senate and the House is a real electoral count objection under the Constitution.

There will be lots of political theater and showmanship with meaningless verbal objections and maybe even a written objection but only signed by members of one chamber. It'll create a gigantic media storm and lots of hand-wringing. It will be a tale told by idiots, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Absolutely correct here.   in 2016 Many House members objected but no Senators to sign onto it.  And same eventual outcome then as what will happen now.  

• Plus1 1