Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

At this point, I disagree.  

this is absolutely disgusting.  

Exactly. This is not a parallel to any previous such disputes. This election has been litigated to hell and back more than any other in America's history, and every single time trump's nonsense has lost. The lackeys who have parroted trump's election lies are facing lawsuits from the companies who made the voting machines. Cases have been tossed *with prejudice* meaning they can't be appealed.

There is no merit to this. It is not merely allowing the legal process to play out. This action is *solely* to allow four years of doubt on the legitimacy of a duly elected President.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Exactly. This is not a parallel to any previous such disputes. This election has been litigated to hell and back more than any other in America's history, and every single time trump's nonsense has lost. The lackeys who have parroted trump's election lies are facing lawsuits from the companies who made the voting machines. Cases have been tossed *with prejudice* meaning they can't be appealed.

There is no merit to this. It is not merely allowing the legal process to play out. This action is *solely* to allow four years of doubt on the legitimacy of a duly elected President.

I look for Trump to skip the inauguration and have a press conference statement “I’m going to run in 2024 to overturn the fraudulent 2020 election”  Trump doesn’t want history to judge him as a loser so he will keep the election ‘open’ to a 2024 resolution.  By doing so he casts doubt on Biden and gives his cult members cover to oppose Biden at every opportunity. Depending on what Moscow Mitch does, the opposition may make the 2009 opposition to Obama look like child’s play

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I look for Trump to skip the inauguration and have a press conference statement “I’m going to run in 2024 to overturn the fraudulent 2020 election”  Trump doesn’t want history to judge him as a loser so he will keep the election ‘open’ to a 2024 resolution.  By doing so he casts doubt on Biden and gives his cult members cover to oppose Biden at every opportunity. Depending on what Moscow Mitch does, the opposition may make the 2009 opposition to Obama look like child’s play

Exactly. He'll announce his 2024 candidacy during Biden's inauguration. Fox & OANN and all the right-wing outlets will cover it breathlessly and he'll basically be campaigning for four straight years. Rallies, twitter rants, etc. Anything he can do to keep himself in the spotlight and make it seem like he really won.

I wonder if he's the only American candidate to have lost the popular vote two cycles in a row.

Drove through Saunders county yesterday. Some nutter had put trump flags all through the county where country roads intersect the highway.

Saw more trump flags than American flags or Husker flags. Thought that was a pretty sad commentary on the state of rural Nebraska right now.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Drove through Saunders county yesterday. Some nutter had put trump flags all through the county where country roads intersect the highway.

Saw more trump flags than American flags or Husker flags. Thought that was a pretty sad commentary on the state of rural Nebraska right now.

i live in saunders county...but obviously haven't been out and about the last week with my covid grounding me.   where did you see these flags?

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Sad, but not surprising.  I've interacted with many rural NE farmers in my time and while most are generally kind and good people, I must say a large percentage are not exactly the "cream of the crop" when it comes to intellectual utilization and open-mindedness.  They know their 100 acres and what to do with it, but outside of that and what's discussed at the local coffee joint, they're pretty much clueless of what's happening in the rest of the world--and they're good with that. They clearly prefer the simple life and in their world that is propagated by smaller government and less regulations.  I think it matters little to them how much of a douche bag the clown in the White House is.  If he makes it easier for them to plow up the wetlands, not worry about pesticide runoff or plant every square foot of road ditch and fence row, then he's their guy.  Everything else is just background noise.

• Plus1 2